QUICK & EASY HOMEMADE BREAD
I had used different bread recipes over the years, and finally came up with my own. I use this recipe for everything... bread, buns, pizza, cinnamon buns, you name it. It turns out every time, and tastes great. My husband loves when I make dinner rolls with these sprinkled with quick oats or poppy seeds! This is my first time posting a recipe- I really hope someone else likes this easy home-made bread recipe as much as I do!
Provided by happinessishomemade
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 Loaves
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter (or oil) or 1/3 cup margarine (or oil)
- 6 cups white flour (I dont measure the flour, this is just an estimate- it could be more, it could be less!)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Combine water, yeast, salt, sugar, milk powder, egg, and butter in a large mixing bowl- stir with wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Slowly add the flour while still mixing- you don't have to add whole wheat flour, but I usually add about a cup just to give it some whole wheat flavor; then the rest can be white flour- you can do half and half also, or just all white- you are the cook, mix it up.
- Continue to add the flour to the dough (you will have to use your hands to mix it now)
- Once the dough becomes more of a ball and not so runny, pour the dough out of the bowl onto a floured countertop; knead dough with your hands for 10-15 minutes, adding more flour if needed. Keep adding flour until the dough is JUST sticky when you hold it- but not too sticky- you don't want it stuck to your fingers. Also, if you add too much flour, your bread will become heavy- so watch how much flour you add to your mixture!
- Shape dough into ball, place in a large bowl lightly rubbed with oil; cover with a light towel- let rise until doubled in size.
- Separate dough in half; shape into dough roll and place in lightly oiled bread pans. Brush with a beaten egg to give it that nice golden look when it comes out of the oven or brush lightly with water and sprinkle lightly with quick oats or poppy seeds- the possibilities are endless!
- Let loaves rise for 15-20 minutes- this is a personal choice, some people do not like big loaves of bread, while others do- so keep an eye on how big your loaves get, it is a personal choice of course.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, or until done.(cooking time varies, depending on oven).
- Let sit in pans for 5 minutes then take the loaves out and set on wire rack to cool.
- Its great for toast, sandwiches, or still hot out of the oven as a snack!
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD
If you'd like to learn how to bake bread, here's a wonderful place to start. This easy white bread recipe bakes up deliciously golden brown. There's nothing like the homemade aroma wafting through my kitchen as it bakes. -Sandra Anderson, New York, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 loaves (16 pieces each).
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6-1/4 to 6-3/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in warm water; let stand until bubbles form on surface. Whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Stir oil into yeast mixture; pour into flour mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours., Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in 2 greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, 1 to 1-1/2 hours., Bake at 375° until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped or has reached an internal temperature of 200°, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY WHITE BREAD
- 500g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp salt
- 7g sachet fast-action yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml water
- Mix 500g strong white flour, 2 tsp salt and a 7g sachet of fast-action yeast in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre, then add 3 tbsp olive oil and 300ml water, and mix well. If the dough seems a little stiff, add another 1-2 tbsp water and mix well.
- Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for around 10 mins.
- Once the dough is satin-smooth, place it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to rise for 1 hour until doubled in size or place in the fridge overnight.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Knock back the dough (punch the air out and pull the dough in on itself) then gently mould the dough into a ball.
- Place it on the baking parchment to prove for a further hour until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Dust the loaf with some extra flour and cut a cross about 6cm long into the top of the loaf with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts :
Top Asked Questions
How do you make bread?Making bread is easier than you think! In a stand mixer add the warm water, sugar, salt and yeast. Let the yeast proof until it bubbles for about 5 minutes. Using the dough hook start adding the flour one cup at a time until the dough combines and forms a soft dough. On a floured surface knead the dough until smooth and elastic and form a ball.
What are the ingredients of homemade bread?Homemade Bread made easy with simple ingredients & detailed instructions with photos. Make our best homemade bread recipe and enjoy the great flavor & texture! Ingredients. 2 cups warm water 110 degrees F/45 degrees C. 1/2 cup white sugar. 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast. 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
Can a beginner bake bread?This is a basic bread recipe that even beginner bakers can bake! It is so soft and fluffy. You MUST eat some warm with butter slathered on top! I have made bread so many times in my life and I wanted to share with you a really easy homemade bread recipe anyone can make. This is a no-fuss recipe which is great for beginners.
How to make homemade white bread?Fill your home with the great smells of baking bread with this homemade classic white bread you will enjoy for years. To a stand mixer, add 4 cups flour, 1 package quick or instant yeast, 2 teaspoon salt, and ½ cup dried milk. Add 1 tablespoon honey or sugar, and 2 tablespoons soft butter. Mix well in the bowl.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "basic homemade bread food"
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - EVERYDAY SHORTCUTS - FOOD
4/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 198 per serving
- Dissolve the warm milk, warm water, sugar, yeast and ginger in mixing bowl of table top mixer. Stir lightly and allow to sit until the liquid becomes foamy (about 10 minutes.)
- With a hand whisk, stir in 1 cup of flour. Add the salt and 4 tbsp. melted butter and mix well. Attach bread hook to mixer and add flour, one cup at a time until dough ball forms. Continue to mix with dough hook for approx. 5 minutes. Remove dough ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or clean dish towel and allow to rise until double in size.
- When doubled in size, punch dough down and remove to lightly floured surface. Knead by hand for several minutes to remove air bubbles. Divide dough in half and shape into loaves. Place in greased pans, cover and let rise until about 1-1/2 inches above rim when looking at center of loaf.
- Bake on center rack of a 350 degree oven for approx. 30 minutes. You can check if it's done by lightly tapping on the top of loaf. It will sound hollow when it is done.
BASIC BREAD RECIPE FOR BEGINNERS - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 498Calories 136 per servingCategory Bread
41 EASY HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPES - FOOD COM
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH PANKO BREAD CRUMBS - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BREAD: BEST BREAD TIPS AND EASY ...
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
EASY HOMEMADE SANDWICH BREAD - EARTH, FOOD, AND FIRE
EASY BREAD RECIPES ANYONE CAN BAKE - READER'S DIGEST
RIA'S HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HOMEMADE MATZO SIMPLE, WITH A TASTE ALL ITS OWN - THE SAN ...
ROSEMARY PARMESAN SKILLET BREAD RECIPE: AN EASY ROSEMARY ...
HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE BREAD AT HOME
TOP 5 EASY BREAD RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
[HOMEMADE] BASIC WHITE BREAD : FOOD
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
EASY-BAKE BREAD RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
SIMPLE HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER BREAD RECIPES
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO BAKING BREAD AT HOME | FOODAL
BASIC YEAST BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD - BASIC BREAD RECIPE FOR BEGINNERS ...
EASY WHITE BREAD - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD - MY FEARLESS KITCHEN
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - THE EFFORTLESS KITCHEN
BREAD RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
EASY CRUSTY BREAD - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
EASY BREAD RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BREAD - …
30 EASY BREAD RECIPES FOR BEGINNER BAKERS | TASTE OF HOME
BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
YEAST BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST BASIC ITALIAN BREAD RECIPE - FOOD LIFE DESIGN
BHAJI RECIPE || EASY RECIPE #PAVBHAJI || BREAD BHAJI #FOOD ...
ROBINHOOD | BASIC WHITE BREAD
BASIC SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
20+ EASY HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPES - BOOTS & HOOVES HOMESTEAD
EASY BREAD RECIPES FOR BEGINNERS - PUREWOW
5-INGREDIENT BREAD RECIPES TO MAKE RIGHT NOW - TASTE OF HOME
BEST BASIC BREAD PUDDING RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
WATCH: BREAD PAKODA GETS SPICIER AND BETTER WITH THIS EASY ...
20 EASY BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TRADITIONAL AMISH WHITE BREAD RECIPE: A SIMPLE HOMEMADE ...
EASY GARLIC BREAD | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
HOMEMADE BREAD BOWLS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BASIC BREAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
A BASIC BREAD RECIPE FOR BEGINNERS | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER