MOM'S DELICIOUS HOMEMADE BREAD
This is my Mom's recipe. It is so good, very light and fluffy with a crispy crust on the bottom. Very simple too. Can be used to make rolls, or loaves. You can easily double it. You can also add 1c. raisins and/or slivered almonds,orange/lemon zest and vanilla extract to a loaf for a festive holiday bread. The options are endless!
Provided by Leahs Kitchen
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 loaves, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 5 -6 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine warm water, yeast, oil and honey in a large bowl, let sit for 5 minutes then add the salt and egg. Stir all together.
- Add the flour one cup at a time, stirring together after each cup. Around the 5th cup your dough will begin to come together pulling away from the sides of the bowl and forming a ball.
- Empty the dough onto a clean, floured surface and begin kneading the dough adding a little more flour as it becomes sticky. It should be slightly sticky. Knead for 3-5 minutes until smooth, firm and elastic.
- Set aside to rise until double.
- Divide dough into 2 loaves or 1 loaf and 12 rolls or all rolls if you like. Place in well greased loaf pan or rolls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Set aside to rise until almost double once more.
- Bake loaves for 25-30 minutes, or rolls for 15 minutes. They should be golden brown on top and bottom when done.
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD
If you'd like to learn how to bake bread, here's a wonderful place to start. This easy white bread recipe bakes up deliciously golden brown. There's nothing like the homemade aroma wafting through my kitchen as it bakes. -Sandra Anderson, New York, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 loaves (16 pieces each).
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6-1/4 to 6-3/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in warm water; let stand until bubbles form on surface. Whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Stir oil into yeast mixture; pour into flour mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours., Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in 2 greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, 1 to 1-1/2 hours., Bake at 375° until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped or has reached an internal temperature of 200°, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts :
- 500g strong bread flour
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 300ml hand-hot water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Tip the flour into a bowl and mix in the yeast with the salt. Stir in the water, oil and honey. Now bring together to make a soft dough - I use my hands, but a wooden spoon or knife from the cutlery drawer is fine. Tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 mins. It is worth putting in the time to do this as it will pay off later with lovely airy bread.
- Don't keep adding flour, a wet dough is better than a dry one, which will bake to a tough texture, so if you don't like the dough sticking to your hands, lightly oil them. If you are adding flavourings, knead them in gently now.
- Turn the dough into an oiled 1kg bread tin and cover with oiled cling film (or better still, a free unused shower cap from your last hotel stay!). Put in a warm place until the bread fills the tin, it should take between 1-2 hrs.
- Uncover and bake your bread at 200C/180C fan/gas 6 for 30-35 mins until golden. Tip out of the tin and tap the base of the loaf. It should sound hollow when fully cooked. If not cooked, put loaf back in the oven out of the tin and test again after 10 mins. Cool.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "basic homemade bread food"
HOMEMADE WHITE BREAD LOAF | RICARDO
5/5 (611)Total Time 35 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 170 per serving
43 EASY HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE …
THE EASIEST LOAF OF BREAD YOU'LL EVER BAKE RECIPE
HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPES YOU’LL WANT TO MAKE AGAIN …
30 EASY BREAD RECIPES FOR BEGINNER BAKERS | TASTE OF …
EASY BREAD RECIPES ANYONE CAN BAKE | READER'S DIGEST CANADA
Author Caroline StankoEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD [WITH SELF-RISING FLOUR] | MRFOOD.COM
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
EASY WHITE BREAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
25 BEST BUNDT CAKE RECIPES - WHAT TO BAKE IN A BUNDT PAN
OUR ABSOLUTE BEST HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
BREAD IN FOUR EASY STEPS RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
TOP 5 EASY BREAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
23 BEST FLATBREAD RECIPES - EASY FLATBREAD MEAL IDEAS - GOOD …
CLASSIC MONKEY BREAD RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
HOMEMADE FLUFFY POTATO BREAD RECIPE - MASHED
20 EASY BREAD RECIPES
GARLIC BREAD - ONCE UPON A CHEF
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - WHITE BREAD - COOKING CLASSY
SIMPLE HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER BREAD RECIPES
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD | WORLD FOOD NETWORK
30 EASY CROCK POT RECIPES THAT'LL MAKE MEAL PREP A CINCH - REAL …
EASY WHITE BREAD RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO SUBSTITUTE GLUTEN-FREE BREAD FLOUR FOR REGULAR FLOUR
OUR 15 BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPES TO BAKE AND SHARE
BEST PANCAKES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PERFECT PANCAKES - DELISH
31 BEST BREAD RECIPES - TASTING TABLE