THE BEST FUDGY BROWNIES
We've created the perfect brownie by employing a few tips and tricks. Using both semisweet chocolate and cocoa powder gives us the deep and complex chocolate flavor we crave. Cooking the butter until golden brown adds a toasted nuttiness, while the pop of cream provides luscious texture.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 24 brownies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Nonstick baking spray
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (64-percent cacao), chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (see Cook's Note)
- 1 1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla paste or extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 6 large eggs, chilled
- Arrange a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking pan, preferably metal, with nonstick baking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper leaving a 2-inch overhang on the longer sides. Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, swirling occasionally, until the butter is a deep golden color, about 5 minutes; the butter will hiss and spit as the whey evaporates so be careful. As the foam subsides the butter will go from a canary yellow color to golden. When it does, take it off the heat. Add the chocolate and cream to the butter and let it sit, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl. Beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, espresso powder and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Start on low speed and gradually increase to high speed until the eggs are pale, very thick and fluffy, about 8 minutes (start your timer when you get to high speed). Do not be tempted to skimp on the mix time; this step is key to getting the signature shiny, crackled brownie top. Reduce the speed to low and slowly pour the warm chocolate into the eggs; beat until completely incorporated. Gradually add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined; do not overmix. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and fold until the batter is completely combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the brownies are glossy and just barely firm, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 205 degrees F, 25 to 35 minutes. Don't let the thermometer touch the bottom of the pan or you will get a much higher reading. (The cook time will be at the higher end of the range if using a glass or ceramic baking dish.)
- Let the brownies cool completely to allow the crumb to set before slicing, about 3 hours.
- Use an offset spatula to loosen the brownies from the sides of the pan. Use the parchment overhang to lift the brownies out of the pan. Remove the parchment and cut into 24 squares.
ABSOLUTELY BEST BROWNIES
This are the easiest and most delicious brownies that I have ever eaten. They are so moist and super quick and easy to make. For best results, use a Dutch processed cocoa. For less cake-like brownies, use all-purpose flour instead of self rising.
Provided by COUNTRYDAYZ
Categories Desserts Cookies Brownie Recipes Nut Brownie Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup self-rising flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, and mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the vanilla and stir in walnuts if desired. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are firm. Cool before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts :
THE BEST BROWNIES
Everybody says their brownies are the best, but these really are the best. They feature the "holy trinity" of brownie perfection-a crispy, flaky top, chewy edges, and a fudgy center. Serve with a glass of ice cold milk.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Desserts Cookies Brownie Recipes Chocolate Brownie Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter an 8-inch square baking dish or pan, then line with parchment paper if desired to make getting the brownies out easier.
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl; set aside.
- Place chopped chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan with 1 inch of very gently simmering water. When the butter and almost all of the chocolate is melted, stir until smooth. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Mix sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer until very airy, thick, and creamy, about 5 minutes. Mix in vanilla extract, then slowly drizzle in the melted chocolate mixture, while mixing on high speed.
- Dump in the flour mixture and mix on low speed just until the flour disappears. Use a spatula to transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread as evenly as possible.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out virtually clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Use a spatula to lightly press down the higher parts of the brownie around the edge of the dish. Let cool to room temperature, 20 to 30 minutes, before removing and cutting into 9 pieces.
Nutrition Facts :
Top Asked Questions
What are the best brownie recipes?Top 10 Brownie Recipes 1 Chocolate Mint Brownies. One of the best things about this recipe is that theses mint chocolate brownies get moister if you leave them in the refrigerator for a day or ... 2 Chunky Blond Brownies. ... 3 White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies 4 Coffee 'n' Cream Brownies
What is the secret to a good Brownie?And that crinkly top we all know and love! The secret to a really great brownie is using both melted chocolate AND cocoa powder, plus butter instead of oil (because butter has way better flavour than oil).
What kind of chocolate do you use for Brownies?Use a high quality dark chocolate for the main mixture to ensure depth of flavour, then stir in chopped milk and white chocolate chunks. Our step-by-step instructions are easy to follow, making this the perfect recipe for first time brownie makers and kids. It's our most popular brownie on the website – try them and see if you agree.
How to make brownies from scratch?How to Make Brownies from Scratch. First, mix together the dry and wet ingredients in two separate bowls. Combine the sugar, flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and salt in a medium bowl. Then, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, and water in a large one. Next, combine the wet and dry ingredients.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "best brownies food"
BEST BROWNIE RECIPE EVER - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
4.9/5 (410)Total Time 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 386 per serving
BEST HOMEMADE BROWNIES RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
4.9/5 Category DessertCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
BEST HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES WITH COCOA …
Author Good EatsSteps 3Difficulty Easy
THE VERY BEST BROWNIE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
12 OF THE BEST BROWNIES YOU'LL EVER MAKE | CANADIAN …
WORLDS BEST FUDGIEST BROWNIES - CAFE DELITES
OUR BEST BROWNIE RECIPES OF ALL TIME
CHUCKWAGON BROWNIES RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ree DrummondSteps 5Difficulty Easy
THE BEST BROWNIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEST EVER BROWNIE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
29 BROWNIE RECIPES FOR SATISFYING EVERY CHOCOLATE CRAVING
EASY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES - BEST EVER, SUPER FUDGY! - RECIPETIN EATS
WE TESTED HUNDREDS OF BROWNIE RECIPES-HERE'S OUR TOP 10
ONE-BOWL, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY UBE BROWNIES RECIPE | WELL+GOOD
HOW TO CUT BROWNIES CLEANLY | EASY BAKING TIPS AND RECIPES: …
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE BROWNIES RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
SUPERNATURAL BROWNIES (THE BEST BROWNIE RECIPE EVER)
BEST BROWNIES RECIPES: 15+ FAMILY FAVORITE BROWNIES TO TRY
WE TRIED CELEBRITY CHEF BROWNIE RECIPES - HERE'S THE BEST - KITCHN
OUR 20 MOST SAVED RECIPES OF ALL TIME - THE NEW YORK TIMES
JOANNA GAINES' BROWNIE COOKIES ARE AN 'EASY WIN FOR EVERYONE' IN …
BROWN BUTTER BROWNIES - THE BEST BROWNIE RECIPE | THE FOOD …
15 BEST CHEESE RECIPES ON FOOD52.COM
TOP 20 BEST BROWNIE RECIPES - BAKER BY NATURE
BEST OATMEAL BROWNIES RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
36 BEST BROWNIE RECIPES | EASY BROWNIE RECIPE IDEAS - FOOD NETWORK