EASY ONE-SKILLET CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CARROTS
Chicken thighs and carrots are cooked on top of the stove, making a hearty dish for any time of year, especially if you prefer not to heat up the oven. Serve with fresh broccoli, green peas, or a salad, along with some good bread to get every last drop of the tasty sauce.
Provided by Bibi
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 6 thigh, bone and skin removeds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ onion, cut in 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Blot chicken thighs with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Place chicken thighs in the hot oil and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add carrots, onion, and minced garlic to the same skillet, stirring to coat with pan drippings. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes. Nestle browned chicken thighs into the vegetables, pour wine and 2 tablespoons water over everything, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until carrots are fork-tender and chicken juices run clear, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken and vegetables from the skillet with a slotted spoon.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve any lumps. Add slurry to the drippings in the skillet and bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken pieces and vegetables and sprinkle with fresh parsley to serve.
Nutrition Facts :
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
More about "chickenwithlemonhoneyandcarrots food"
LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Michele UrvaterSteps 2Difficulty Easy
33 CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES TO MAKE FOR DINNER TONIGHT - FOOD …
SIMPLE HONEY-LEMON ROASTED CHICKEN - COOKING ON THE …
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 456 per serving
CRISPY ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CARROTS AND POTATOES - FOOD …
Author Molly YehSteps 9Difficulty Easy
SLOW-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS - BON …
SHEET PAN HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN THIGHS WITH RED …
HONEY LEMON CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
HONEY & LIME CHICKEN | CANADIAN LIVING
ROASTED CARROTS WITH LEMON DRESSING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
20+ EASY LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE LEMON …
BAKED HONEY LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES - HEALTHY FITNESS MEALS
35 LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
SHEET-PAN LEMON CHICKEN AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE | FOOD …
BAKED CHICKEN WITH LEMON, HONEY AND ROSEMARY - FOOD FROM …
ROAST CHICKEN WITH CARROTS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
EASY LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN | KITCHN
ROASTED CARROTS WITH HONEY & LEMON - A SOUTHERN SOUL
TEN 22 MENUS - THE GROVE AT CENTERTON
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN KABOBS RECIPE | JOYFUL HEALTHY EATS
25 LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES
HERB CRUSTED CHICKEN PAILLARD WITH HONEY-LEMONGRASS GLAZE …
EASY LEMON HERB ROAST CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CROCK POT LEMON CHICKEN WITH CARROTS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOME | FOOD BASICS
ELEGANT BUT EASY: FRENCH BRAISED CHICKEN WILL IMPRESS MOM