NEW CLASSIC MEATLOAF
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef (90% lean or higher)
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 8-ounce can no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon unsulphered molasses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the onion and mushrooms and cook until the liquid is evaporated and the mushrooms begin to brown about 8 minutes. Stir in the carrots, tomato paste, thyme and garlic and cook, stirring, 2 minutes more. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine the beef, oats, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, mushroom mixture, salt and pepper. Mix until just well combined. Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish and shape into a loaf about 5 inches wide and 2 inches high.
- In a small bowl whisk the tomato sauce, molasses and mustard and pour over the meatloaf.
- Cook the meatloaf until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees, about 55-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size: one 1-inch thick slice
Nutrition Facts :
Good meatloaf is about as comforting as comfort food gets. Thankfully, meatloaf doesn't have to be complex to be good. It just needs to be tender (from breadcrumbs soaked in milk and gentle handling) and flavorful (from onion, garlic, and ketchup).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 3 slices white sandwich bread
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place bread in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in milk. Set aside, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, pork, onion, garlic, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add bread-milk mixture, and mix very gently with a fork (do not overmix).
- Place meat mixture on prepared baking sheet, and form into a loaf about 9 inches long and 4 to 5 inches wide.
- Bake, brushing twice with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during baking, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees, 45 to 55 minutes. Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts :
CLASSIC MEAT LOAF
It's not fancy, and it doesn't use exotic ingredients...but this is quite simply the best old-fashioned meat loaf I've ever made.-Mary Rea, Orangeville, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 slices whole wheat or white bread, cubed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, pour milk over bread. Add egg, onion, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; mix thoroughly. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture into an 8x4-in. oval. , Bake in a shallow pan at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Drain.
Nutrition Facts :
Top Asked Questions
What is the best meatloaf recipe you have ever made?Combine ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Add eggs, onions and peppers and combine. Place meat mixture in loaf pan.
Is classic beef meatloaf good for dinner?Classic Beef Meatloaf is that perfect comfort food for when you want a hearty, familiar, and slightly nostalgic dinner. Just like a Perfect Simple Roast Chicken, this meatloaf recipe is great for feeding a hungry family, and will also yield plenty of leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches (tips on that below).
Why is meatloaf made with three meats?This classic three meat variation of meatloaf will add a depth of flavor that beef alone wouldn’t provide. A bit more shopping, a bit more expensive (mainly because of the veal), but a classic is a classic for a reason, and the three meats combined together will make the meatloaf mixture authentic to your local Italian restaurant.
How to cook meatloaf with ketchup?Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands or a kitchen utensil to combine everything until it's well incorporated. Next, lightly oil a loaf pan then stuff in the ground beef. Leave the meatloaf uncovered, then bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven. Pour the ketchup all over the meatloaf.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "classic meatloaf food"
CLASSIC BEEF MEATLOAF - IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER
Cuisine Classic Beef DishesCategory EntréeServings 6Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, egg, Worcestershire, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape beef into 8 x 4-inch loaf on rack in aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Place on upper oven rack in 350°F oven. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F; brush with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during last 10 minutes, if desired. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into slices.
HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC MEATLOAF | FIRST...YOU HAVE A BEER
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory Main DishCalories 335 per serving
- Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl. Set aside. This sauce will benefit from sitting for a while.
- Process the onion and garlic in a food processor (or grater) until they are very fine-set aside and make sure to save all the liquid with them.
- Crumble each meat by hand into a large glass bowl. Gently combine the meats to integrate completely.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - TOTAL ...
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory MainCalories 234 per serving
- In a small bowl, add your oatmeal and milk and let it sit for 15 mins. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- While your meatloaf is in the oven, heat a skillet on medium heat on the stove. Add the butter and mushrooms and saute till the mushrooms start to brown. Add the beef stock and blending flour and stir until it starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
TOP RATED CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (235)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 589 per serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion and tomato sauce.
FAMILY CLASSIC MEATLOAF - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
4.2/5 (259)Category HomeServings 6Total Time 1 hr
- Mix first 5 ingredients and 1/2 cup soup just until blended; press into 8x4-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 55 min. or until done (160ºF). About 5 min. before meatloaf is done, cook remaining soup and chili sauce in saucepan on medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF WITH TOMATO SAUCE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Servings 6Total Time 40 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 463 per serving
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion, cook for 4-5 mins over a low heat, then stir in the garlic. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, carrot and celery for 3-4 mins, then add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the passata and bring to a simmer, then season and cook for 5 mins.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Mix the cooled onion with the tomato purée, mince, egg and breadcrumbs, and season. Line a 900g loaf tin with a liner or baking parchment and pack in the meatloaf mixture. Cook for 20-25 mins or until a skewer poked into the centre feels roasting hot when pulled out. Leave to rest for 10 mins before lifting out of the tin.
- Serve slices of the meatloaf with some tomato sauce spooned over. Wrap any remaining meatloaf and use it as a sandwich filling for a lunchbox. Can be frozen for up to a month.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF- MOM'S RECIPE! HEATHER LIKES FOOD
4.6/5 (37)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 487 per serving
- Combine the milk and crushed saltine crackers in a small bowl. Allow to soak for about 5 minutes or until the crackers are soft. Whisk in the egg, salt, sage, dill, and pepper.
- Place ground beef in a large bowl and add in onion and milk mixture. Gently mix until just combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and shape meat into a loaf shape. Dip fingers in water and smooth out the cracks with your if needed.
BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY …
4.6/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 45 mins
- Add onions, carrots, and celery. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 minutes.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF - DIABETES FOOD HUB
5/5 (104)Servings 6Cuisine Comfort Food, Kid FriendlyCalories 210 per serving
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | MCCORMICK
Cuisine AmericanCategory EntreesServings 8
CLASSIC MEATLOAF - HOW TO MAKE PERFECT MEALOAF …
10 BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF GROUND BEEF RECIPES - YUMMLY
MEATLOAF - WIKIPEDIA
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - HOW TO COOK.RECIPES
Ratings 26Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, beaten eggs, onion, ketchup, parsley, milk, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, paprika, salt to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Place meatloaf mixture into prepared loaf pan layering mozzarella cheese in the middle (optional). Bake at 375 F for 40 minutes.
EASY CLASSIC MEATLOAF - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 295 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cover a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil (or two layers of regular aluminum foil). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, make the sauce by stirring together the sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, egg, salt, pepper, crushed crackers and diced onion. Using a large spoon, stir to combine well. Add a little less than 1/2 of the prepared sauce to the beef mixture. Stir to combine well.
- Drop big spoonfuls of the ground beef mixture into a rough log shape in the centre of the prepared baking pan. Using your hands, shape into a loaf shape about 2-3 inches high x 3 inches wide x 10-12 inches long. Try to keep the top of the loaf flat, so the sauce will stay on the top as it cooks. Spoon the remaining sauce over the top, along the length of the meatloaf. Use a spoon to spread over the top, trying to keep most of it on top. Spread a bit along the sides.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE BY TASTY
95% (224)Calories 573 per servingCategory Dinner
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring often, until the tomato paste turns deep red in color, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the onion mixture cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, stir together the panko and milk. Add the ground beef, eggs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, pepper, and the onion mixture and use your hands to combine. Do not overmix!
- Shape the beef mixture into a 10 x 5-inch loaf on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top and sides with ketchup.
CLASSIC ITALIAN MEATLOAF RECIPE - RECIPES FROM ITALY
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Meat RecipesCalories 220 per serving
- In a bowl add the ground meat, the squeezed bread, the egg, the grated pecorino cheese, thyme, nutmeg, salt and ground black pepper.
CLASSIC BEEF MEATLOAF (BEEF & THREE-MEAT OPTIONS) - DINNER ...
Ratings 5Calories 471 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add in the beef and mix with your hands until the ingredients are combined and add to a 9x5 loaf pan.
DAD'S CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE MEATLOAF
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DinnerCalories 467 per serving
- Combine meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl using your hands, just until combined. Do not overmix - The less you mess with it, the better it will be!
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Brush about 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the meatloaf.
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE WHOLESOME DISH
5/5 Calories 164 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Main Course, Main Dish
- In a large bowl, add the beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined.*
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, and vinegar. Stir to combine. Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer.
GRANNY'S CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE AND VIDEO - SELF ...
Ratings 165Calories 383 per servingCategory Main Course
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat. Cook onions until fragrant and slightly brown while stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and cooked onions and garlic. Use hands to mix well, but try not to over work the meat. Shape into loaf on parchment lined baking sheet. Use sharp knife to cut a criss cross pattern on top.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 40 minutes. While meatloaf is cooking, combine ketchup with mustard and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
CLASSIC MEAT LOAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (22)Total Time 57 minsServings 4Calories 264 per serving
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Combine onion, 3 tablespoons ketchup, and remaining ingredients in a bowl, and gently stir just until combined.
- Place meat mixture on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; shape into an 8 x 4-inch loaf. Brush top of loaf with remaining 3 tablespoons ketchup. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand 10 minutes; cut into 8 slices.
- Wine Pairing: Trivento, Amado Sur, Argentina ($15), is a soft, malbec-based red blend with mild tannins, yet it's hearty enough to stand up to the flavorful meat loaf. The wine's ripe fruit and toasted oak match up with the combo of sweet ketchup and tangy-salty Worcestershire sauce. --Scott Jones
CLASSIC MEATLOAF - BINKY'S CULINARY CARNIVAL
5/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Entree, Main CourseCalories 361 per serving
CLASSIC WEEKNIGHT MEATLOAF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MEATLOAF
Cuisine AmericanCategory Weeknight Meals, DinnerServings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH A TWIST RECIPE - MASHED
5/5 (31)Total Time 55 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 499 per serving
CLASSIC MEATLOAF - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CLASSIC MEATLOAF | ALLRECIPES
Ratings 547Calories 284 per servingCategory Beef Meatloaf
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 1Total Time 2 minsCategory MeatloafPublished 2019-07-31
CLASSIC VEGAN MEATLOAF | THE WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED ...
3/5 (234)Total Time 1 hrCategory MainsCalories 200 per serving
EASY CLASSIC MEATLOAF AND GRAVY RECIPE - FOODAL
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory MeatloafCalories 279 per serving
CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE RECIPE LIFE
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 6
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD …
4.2/5 (38)Author Food Network KitchenServings 6Difficulty Easy
MOM'S CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE COOKIN CHICKS
3.8/5 (48)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 392 per serving
CLASSIC MEATLOAF - EDMONTON MEALS ON WHEELS
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: CLASSIC “ALL AMERICAN” MEATLOAF
MEATLOAF RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
CLASSIC MEATLOAF – BEEHIVE MEALS
CLASSIC MEATLOAF NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
CLASSIC MEATLOAF - BLOGGER
140 CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE IDEAS | EASY MEALS, CLASSIC ...
CLASSIC MEATLOAF | ICEMUNMUN ON PATREON
BASIC MEATLOAF MIX - THERESCIPES.INFO
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | DINNER WITH GROUND BEEF, MEXICAN ...
CLASSIC MEATLOAF SEASONING (PACK OF 3) | EPICURE.COM