SUMMER CRUDITES WITH GREEN GODDESS DIP
Is it a dressing or a dip? Who cares? Green goddess dressing, the beloved California creation, doubles as a dip for a summertime crudite platter. The creamy concoction is studded with chopped fresh herbs and scallions, and it pairs particularly well with the season's bounty -- here, baby carrots and yellow squash, tender peas and beans, and little tomatoes -- but let the greenmarket (or your own garden) be your guide. This recipe originally appeared inMartha Stewart's Appetizers (Clarkson Potter).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 anchovy fillets, preferably salt packed, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped, dark-green tops reserved
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Assorted crudites, such as cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, and blanched snap peas, snow peas, wax beans, and baby squash (see note), for serving
- In a food processor, puree sour cream, mayonnaise, anchovies, parsley, basil, and chopped scallions until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Finely chop reserved dark-green scallion tops and stir into dip, along with tarragon. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crudites.
CRUDITéS WITH GRILLED GREEN GODDESS DIP
When you're grilling, you might expect grilled vegetables with a straightforward dip, but here I've paired just-cooked vegetables with a grilled dip.
Provided by Eric Werner
Categories Dip Vegetarian Vegetable Grill/Barbecue Grill Avocado Tomatillo Jalapeño Chile Pepper Lime Basil
Yield Serves 6 to 8; makes about 2 cups of dip
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 2 ripe avocados
- Oil, for coating
- 5 large tomatillos, peeled and rinsed
- 2 jalapeño chiles, stemmed, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic (see Note)
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1⁄4 cup)
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- An assortment of lightly charred vegetables, such as asparagus, jicama, fennel, snap peas, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, and endive, for serving
- Wipe the grill grates with oil to prevent sticking. Build a medium-heat fire. Your medium-heat zone should have embers 3 to 5 inches from the cooking surface.
- To make the dip: Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Cut again so the avocados are quartered. Keeping the skin on, coat the flesh sides with oil and grill each flesh side over medium heat for about 60 seconds, or until there are nice grill marks. Set aside.
- Coat the tomatillos and jalapeños with oil and grill over medium heat on all sides until charred but not blackened, about 5 minutes total.
- Remove and discard the skins from the avocados. Add the avocados, tomatillos, jalapeños, garlic, lime juice, basil, and salt to a blender and puree until very smooth. The dip can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Cut the larger vegetables, such as fennel and jicama, into pieces that are slightly larger than bite size and keep the smaller vegetables, such as asparagus, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, and endive, whole. Arrange the vegetables on a platter and serve with the dip.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "crudits with green goddess dip food"
CRUDITéS WITH GREEN GODDESS DRESSING RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.1/5 (16)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 8Total Time 15 mins
- Blend mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients in processor. Add avocado; blend. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl.
- Place bowl of dressing on large platter. Scatter baby greens on platter around dressing. Arrange vegetables atop greens.
GREEN CRUDITES WITH YOGURT-DILL DIP - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenDifficulty Easy
CRUDITéS AND SHRIMP WITH GREEN GODDESS DIP RECIPE
GREEN GODDESS DIP AND CRUDITéS - JAMIE GELLER
MODERN CRUDITE WITH GREEN GODDESS DIP RECIPE ON …
CRUDITéS WITH GREEN GODDESS DIP | WILLIAMS SONOMA
GREEN GODDESS AVOCADO DIP RECIPE WITH CRUDITES
MIXED CRUDITéS WITH GREEN GODDESS DRESSING - FOOD
CREAMY GREEN GODDESS DIP WITH CRUDITéS - COLAVITA …
CRUDITé PLATTER WITH GREEN GODDESS DIP RECIPE | GOOP
CRUDITéS WITH GREEN GODDESS DIP (EASY APPETIZER!)
Ratings 1Category Salads & DressingCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
WHOLE30 GREEN GODDESS DIP WITH CRUDITé - THE FEEDFEED
CRUDITE PLATTER WITH GREEN GODDESS DIP - PANAJI NAAN
AVOCADO GREEN GODDESS DIP RECIPE WITH CRUDITE - MAKE WITH MARA
GREEN GODDESS DIP RECIPE - TODAY.COM
CRUDITé PLATTER WITH GREEN GODDESS DIP | EDIBLE BOZEMAN
CRUDITé PLATTER WITH GREEN GODDESS DIP - PARADE: ENTERTAINMENT, …
GREEN GODDESS DRESSING (AND DIP) - ONCE UPON A CHEF
GREEN GODDESS SOUR CREAM DIP WITH CRUDITéS | FORAGER PROJECT
ULTIMATE CRUDITé PLATTER - FOOD & WINE