VERMICELLI NOODLES WITH LEMONGRASS PORK MEATBALLS
- For the meatballs:
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Thai chile or half of a serrano chile, stemmed and minced
- For the fried shallots:
- 2 cups canola oil
- 4 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- For serving:
- 1 pound rice vermicelli
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- Shredded lettuce
- Mint leaves
- Cilantro leaves
- Chopped peanuts
- Make the meatballs:
- Cut the bottom 1/2 inch off each lemongrass stalk and trim the woody top portion of each stalk and discard. Peel the outer layers of each stalk until you reach the tender center. Thinly slice the stalks into coins, then very finely mince. Transfer to a medium bowl and add the pork, fish sauce, salt, sugar, and white pepper and mix to combine. Roll into 1 1/2-inch meatballs and set on a rimmed baking sheet. The meatballs can be made beforehand; transfer to a lidded container or tightly wrap the baking sheet with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to use but no longer than 24 hours.
- Make the dressing:
- In a small jar with a lid, combine the fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, garlic, and minced chile. Put the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside (the dressing will keep, refrigerated, for up to a week, though it gets spicier as it sits).
- Make the fried shallots:
- Pour the oil into a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat and add the sliced shallots to the cold oil. Line a plate with paper towels and set it nearby. As the oil heats, the shallots will begin to sizzle and bubble; fry, stirring frequently for even cooking, until the shallots begin to brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until they are an even golden brown and crisp (at this stage, they can go from nicely browned to acrid and overcooked very quickly, so be vigilant). Use a spider or slotted spoon to transfer the shallots to the paper-towel- lined plate. Let the oil cool, then pour through a fine- mesh sieve into a clean jar. (Do not discard the oil; it's liquid gold, great for another batch of fried shallots or to add flavor to dressings and sautéed vegetables, and you can also use it to make a batch of aioli.) The fried shallots can be made in advance. Let cool, then store in an airtight container at room temperature. Resist snacking on them; they'll keep for about a week.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When the water is boiling add the vermicelli noodles and cook according to package instructions until tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with a tablespoon of the shallot oil (it's fine if it's still warm) and toss to coat.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Transfer the baking sheet of meatballs to the oven, positioning it a few inches from the heating element. Broil the meatballs until browned, about 3 minutes, then roll the meatballs to the second side and broil for 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a bowl.
- To serve, arrange the vermicelli on a platter and surround with carrots, cucumber slices, lettuce, mint, and cilantro leaves. Serve the meatballs, dressing, fried shallots, and chopped peanuts alongside. Let the diners dig in, serving themselves some of the noodles, carrots, and cucumbers, garnished with herbs, shallots, and peanuts. Spoon dressing over each serving and top with a few meatballs.
Top Asked Questions
What is Vietnamese lemongrass pork noodle salad?Vietnamese Lemongrass Pork Noodle Salad (Bun Thit Xao) features pork stir-fried with lemongrass and beansprouts, rice vermicelli noodles, cucumber, lettuce, and herbs. Everything is tossed with nuoc cham dressing to make a light yet flavorful and filling bowl of noodle salad. Slice pork thinly against the grain and mix well with salt.
What to serve with Vietnamese lemongrass grilled pork?Pin Vietnamese Lemongrass Grilled Pork (Thịt Nướng) To Try Later! I like to top my skewers with some scallion oil to keep them moist. Restaurants will usually serve lemongrass grilled pork as bún thịt nướng, which is a vermicelli rice bowl. The combination of the sweet and spicy fish sauce dressing, herbs, noodles and hot pork is irresistible!
How to cook Vietnamese lemongrass pork chops?A little charring and caramelisation are what makes Vietnamese lemongrass pork chops so irresistible! Perfect cooked on a grill for an easy BBQ lunch and just as easy on the stove. In a large pan or griddle pan, add a little vegetable oil and fry or grill the pork for about 2 minutes on each side on medium-high heat.
How do you make a lemongrass salad?To start, finely chop the aromatics: lemongrass, spring onions, brown onion (or shallot) and garlic. If you have a pestle and mortar, dunk those chopped aromatics in and grind them to a rough paste. This process will help release all of the flavours and in particular, lemongrass.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "fragrant pork lemongrass noodles food"
NEM LụI HUế (HUế LEMONGRASS PORK SKEWERS) RECIPE
Cuisine VietnameseCategory Dinner, Lunch, EntreeServings 4Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS PORK NOODLE SALAD (BUN THIT XAO)
SLOW-COOKER LEMONGRASS PORK - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
LEMONGRASS PORK AND RICE NOODLE BOWL RECIPE - NHI …
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS PORK NOODLE BOWLS (BUN THIT NUONG)
5/5 (10)Category MainCuisine VietnameseCalories 622 per serving
15-MINUTE FRAGRANT PORK NOODLES | MARION'S KITCHEN
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4
FRAGRANT PORK RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ching-He HuangSteps 3Difficulty Easy
VIETNAM 101: HOW TO EAT VIETNAMESE FOOD LIKE A LOCAL
VIETNAMESE PORK CHOPS (LEMONGRASS PORK) - CASUALLY PECKISH
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS PORK CHOPS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
VIETNAM 101: HOW TO EAT VIETNAMESE FOOD LIKE A LOCAL
LEMONGRASS RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
VERMICELLI NOODLES WITH LEMONGRASS PORK MEATBALLS | KITCHN
VERMICELLI NOODLE SALAD WITH LEMONGRASS PORK - EASY HEALTHY-ISH …
FRAGRANT PORK : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE | CHING-HE …
FRAGRANT PORK & LEMONGRASS NOODLES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
FRAGRANT PORK - BIGOVEN
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS GRILLED PORK (THịT NướNG) – BUN BO BAE
GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK MEATBALLS WITH CRACK NOODLES
FRAGRANT PORK WITH LEMONGRASS, GINGER & EGG NOODLES - FOCUS ON …
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS PORK STEAKS | RECIPETIN EATS
NOODLES WITH PORK AND LEMONGRASS STIR FRY | ARCTIC GARDENS
THE NINE INSTANT NOODLES THAT OUR EDITORS CAN'T STOP SLURPING
PINK NOODLES, PAPAYA SALAD AND MORE: NORTHERN THAILAND FLAVOURS …
FRAGRANT PORK & LEMONGRASS NOODLES - BBC GOOD FOOD …