GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET LEMONGRASS MARINADE
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 Thai chile, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bone-in center cut pork chops, each about 12 ounces and 1 inch thick
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, fish sauce, lemongrass, garlic, shallot, chile, and black pepper and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Arrange the pork chops in a rimmed dish in a single layer. Pour the marinade over, cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours. (The pork can also be refrigerated overnight. Bring meat to room temperature before grilling).
- 2. Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill (you should be able to hold your hand 1 to 2 inches above the grate for only 2 to 3 seconds). When the coals are ready, push two-thirds of the coals to one-half of the grill, creating a hot zone; spread the remaining one-third on the opposite side of the grill to create a cooler zone.
- 3. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and discard the marinade. Place the chops on the hottest part of the grill. Let cook for 1 minute, then flip and cook for 1 minute on the second side.
- 4. Move the chops to the cooler side of the grill and cook, turning once, for about 10 minutes total, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chop registers 140°F, raking over coals from the hotter side of the grill if necessary to maintain an even temperature. Spritz any flare-ups with a spray bottle filled with water.
- 5. Transfer the chops to a large plate, tent with aluminum foil, and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut the meat from the bone and slice the meat across the grain on the diagonal. Transfer the slices and bones to a serving platter and serve.
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS PORK
This is delicious chargrilled lemongrass pork like you get in Vietnamese restaurants. It goes great in noodle dishes, rice dishes, or served on its own! (This recipe was adapted from vietworldkitchen.com, check out the site for other delicious Vietnamese dishes!)
Provided by p00gJr
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots or 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and finely chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (black)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil (I prefer sesame oil)
- Cut the pork into pieces, you can leave it in steak sizes piece, or cut it into thin strips, depending on how much you want the marinade to cover.
- Add sugar, minced garlic, minced shallot, chopped onion, and minced lemongrass to mini chop and blend into a fine texture.
- Add the pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce, and oil and continue to blend.
- Cover the pork with the marinade. I suggest letting it marinate for at least a few hours so it can really soak in the flavors.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes, turning frequently, until cooked through. You want a good char on this, like they do at the Vietnamese restaurants.
- Remove, allow to sit for a few minutes, and then enjoy!
FRAGRANT CHICKEN AND RICE NOODLE SOUP
This light, fresh-tasting soup is based on a Vietnamese pho. The chicken provides both the stock and the meat for the soup. A Jill Dupleix recipe.
Provided by AmandaInOz
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- 1 (1 5/8 kg) whole chickens
- 2 white onions, finely sliced
- 5 cm knob fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 star anise
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons crisp-fried shallots
- 300 g fresh rice noodles
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 200 g bean sprouts, rinsed
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 bunch vietnamese mint
- 1 bunch fresh Asian basil
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Rinse the chicken, place in a large pot with enough cold water to cover and bring to the boil, skimming.
- Add the onions, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise, sugar and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes, remove chicken, carve off breasts, and set aside. Return the chicken to the broth and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Strain the broth and finely slice the chicken breast and leg meat. Gently reheat the broth with the fish sauce, and 2 tbsp fried shallots.
- Cover the noodles with hot water, gently separate using chopsticks, and drain.
- Divide the noodles between four deep, warmed soup bowls.
- Arrange the chicken meat on top; ladle the hot broth into each bowl, and scatter with remaining fried shallots, spring onions, bean shoots, chilli, mint, basil and coriander. Guests squeeze lime wedges into broth to taste.
Nutrition Facts :
Top Asked Questions
What is Vietnamese lemongrass pork noodle salad?Vietnamese Lemongrass Pork Noodle Salad (Bun Thit Xao) features pork stir-fried with lemongrass and beansprouts, rice vermicelli noodles, cucumber, lettuce, and herbs. Everything is tossed with nuoc cham dressing to make a light yet flavorful and filling bowl of noodle salad. What is Vietnamese Lemongrass Pork Noodle Salad?
Can you freeze lemongrass marinated pork?The only special ingredient is lemongrass, which is fairly easy to find fresh as well as in a chopped frozen format to further simplify this recipe. In the past, she’s made pounds and pounds of marinated pork for me, which I would store in the freezer and then defrost a few layers at a time for a quick weeknight meal.
What is the best lemongrass soup to eat?Red Curry Lemongrass Soup Have a SOUPer day with this red curry lemongrass soup that’ll surely delight you. This dish combines fresh, spicy flavors in a warm bowl of broth. The lemongrass and curry perfectly blend to contrast the spice and citrusy flavors. You can serve it with steaming white rice to make it more filling and hearty.
What is a lemongrass marinade?It’s a staple at restaurants and something that we eat regularly at home as well. My aunt’s rendition of a lemongrass marinade is incredibly complex in flavor but as simple as any basic marinade. The only special ingredient is lemongrass, which is fairly easy to find fresh as well as in a chopped frozen format to further simplify this recipe.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "fragrant pork lemongrass noodles food"
LEMONGRASS PORK AND RICE NOODLE BOWL RECIPE - FOOD
5/5 (1)Category Pork ShoulderServings 6Total Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- In a large bowl, whisk the oyster sauce with the vegetable oil, shallots, lemongrass, brown sugar, honey, 2 tablespoons of chile sauce, the sesame oil, white pepper, baking soda, 5 of the garlic cloves and 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the pork and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the carrot and daikon with the vinegar, 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar and 1/4 cup of water. Let stand for 30 minutes. Drain well and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a bowl, stir 1/4 cup of water with the lime juice, fish sauce and jalapeño. Add the remaining garlic clove and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the vermicelli until al dente. Drain and rinse with cool water. Pat dry and transfer to bowls.
15-MINUTE FRAGRANT PORK NOODLES | MARION'S KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PORK, LEMONGRASS, AND NOODLE STIR-FRY - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
3.5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine AsianCalories 350 per serving
FRAGRANT PORK & LEMONGRASS NOODLES RECIPE | BBC GOOD …
Servings 4Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 461 per serving
FRAGRANT PORK WITH LEMONGRASS, GINGER & EGG NOODLES - FOCUS ON …
MY DUMPLING OBSESSION CONTINUES... FRAGRANT PORK & LEMONGRASS …
PORK & LEMONGRASS CURRY | ALLRECIPES.COOKING
FRAGRANT PORK LAKSA WITH RICE NOODLES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
LEMONGRASS PORK – VIETNAMESE. SIMPLY.
VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT-STYLE GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK (THIT HEO …
FRAGRANT PORK AND PRAWN NOODLE BROTH RECIPE - EAT YOUR BOOKS
LEMONGRASS AND BROCCOLI NOODLES - FOOD24
LEMONGRASS PORK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMONGRASS PORK CHOP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
NOODLE ARCHIVES - BBC GOOD FOOD MIDDLE EAST
FRAGRANT LEMONGRASS PRAWNS - KUALI
FRAGRANT PORK FRIED NOODLES RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
LEMONGRASS & BROCCOLI ASIAN NOODLES - ADRE'S KITCHEN
TODAY’S RECIPE: FRAGRANT PORK & LEMONGRASS NOODLES
SPICY PORK WITH NOODLES - THE COZY APRON
LEMONGRASS BEEF NOODLE SALAD - OLD NEIGHBORHOOD FOODS
SPICY NOODLES: VIETNAMESE GARLIC LEMONGRASS EDITION - I AM A …
PORK AND NOODLES IN LEMONGRASS BROTH RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
FRAGRANT LEMONGRASS PORK | RECIPE CART
FRAGRANT LEMONGRASS PORK LOIN - THE IRISH TIMES
NOODLE SALAD WITH LEMONGRASS PORK AND FRESH VEGETABLES
VIETNAMESE GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK CHOPS (THIT HEO NUONG XA)
LEMONGRASS RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
FRAGRANT STEAMED EGG, PORK, AND CELLOPHANE NOODLES
15-MINUTE FRAGRANT PORK NOODLES - MARION'S KITCHEN - YOUTUBE
PORK AND LEMONGRASS DUMPLINGS - MARION'S KITCHEN
LEMONGRASS PORK WITH RICE NOODLES | FOOD TO LOVE
43 FRESH, FRAGRANT LEMONGRASS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
NOODLES WITH PORK AND LEMONGRASS STIR FRY | ARCTIC GARDENS
FRAGRANT PORK AND AUBERGINES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
LEMONGRASS-BARBECUED PORK WITH RICE-VERMICELLI SALAD
PAN-FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH LEMONGRASS - CHOY'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
SLOW-COOKED FIVE-SPICE PORK WITH NOODLES - NADIA LIM
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS PORK NOODLE SALAD (BUN THIT XAO)
LEMONGRASS PORK NOODLE BOWL RECIPE | HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES
CHILLI AND LEMONGRASS PORK WITH FRIED RICE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
GLASS NOODLE SALAD WITH PORK, CUCUMBER, AND LEMONGRASS
STUPID-EASY RECIPE FOR GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK