FRIED GEFILTE FISH
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon
- 1 1/2 lbs whitefish
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups matzo meal
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 cup oil
- grind the salmon, whitefish, carrots and onion in a food processor.
- put in a bowl and mix in 3 eggs and 1c matzoh meal, salt& pepper.
- put remaining matzoh meal on a plate.
- beat 2 eggs in a bowl.
- put some oil on your hands,.
- form the fish mixture into patties, dip in egg, then matzoh meal to coat, set aside pour some oil into a skillet heat to medium, cook patties in batches until brown on both sides, adding more oil as needed serve on fresh greens with horseradish.
- 2 cups fine grind wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- 6 (10-ounce) fresh fillets Pollack
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, Old Bay, salt, and pepper. Add beer and stir. Let rest for 10 minutes. Dredge fish through mixture.
- Preheat a deep-fryer or a deep pot filled halfway with oil to 350 degrees F. Gently immerse the fish in the oil, making sure it is fully submerged and deep-fry until it is golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes, turning to ensure even browning.
PASSOVER GEFILTE FISH
- 1 head (about 2 1/2 pounds) green cabbage
- 1/2 cup matzoh meal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium (5 ounces) onion, minced
- 2 pounds whitefish fillets, such as pike, carp, or whitefish, cut into chunks
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons (6 or 7 sprigs) chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 to 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 quart fish stock
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into julienne
- 1 medium leek, white part only, cut into julienne
- Homemade Horseradish, recipe follows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blanch the head of cabbage in boiling salted water, about 5 minutes, then place in a basin of cold water. Remove the whole leaves and cut away the tough core. As you peel off the outer leaves, you may have to return the head of cabbage to the boiling water to soften the inner leaves. Dry on a clean towel and reserve.
- Place the matzoh meal in a small bowl. Cover with 1 cup of stock and let soak until needed.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil. Over medium heat, saute the onion until wilted, 4 to 5 minutes. Do not brown. Cool.
- In a wooden bowl or on a chopping board, chop the fish fine with a chopper or large knife. Add the matzoh meal with the stock, the cooled onions, 3 egg yolks, the chopped parsley and tarragon, 2 teaspoons of salt, white pepper, and cayenne, and continue to chop until well combined. In a clean, medium bowl, whisk the egg white until firm but not stiff. Stir a little into the fish mixture, then, quickly but gently, and fold in the remaining whites. To test for flavor, bring a little fish stock to a simmer, add a small ball of the fish mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Taste and correct seasoning.
- Heat the remaining fish stock and spoon a little into an 11 by 17-inch baking pan. Divide the fish mixture into 12 portions, about 4 ounces each, and enclose each portion in 1 or 2 cabbage leaves. You will find that when the leaves get smaller, you will have to use 2 leaves to wrap the fish. As each package is formed, place in the prepared baking pan, seam-side down. This size pan holds the 12 packages comfortably. Pour the remaining stock over the fish and top with the julienned carrots and leeks. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool in the stock and refrigerate until needed.
- Presentation: Place 1 package of fish on each of 12 plates, garnishing with some of the julienned carrots and leeks. Serve with homemade horseradish, white or red.*
- Homemade Horseradish:
- To make white horseradish, finely grate peeled fresh horseradish into a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until needed.
- To make red horseradish, boil 1/2 pound red beets until tender. Peel and then finely grate into a medium bowl. Add about 1/2 cup grated horseradish, or to taste, and combine thoroughly. Refrigerate, covered, until needed.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "friedgefiltefish food"
FRIED GEFILTE FISH RECIPE (A BRITISH JEWISH RECIPE) - LINSFOOD
5/5 (75)Total Time 25 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 304 per serving
- Pulse the fish a few times until the fish is finely chopped/minced, being careful not to turn it into a paste. Place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle most of the the matzo meal (leaving about a tbsp), sugar, salt and pepper all over the fish and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly, binding it well. Finish it off with your hands lightly, no squeezing the paste. If it's too soft, add a little more matzo to firm up.
RECIPE: FRIED GEFILTE FISH - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
Is Accessible For Free FalseEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
RECIPE: WHAT IS FRIED GEFILTE FISH? - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
Is Accessible For Free False
CHOPPED AND FRIED GEFILTE FISH AKA 'FISHBALLS' | FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
EASY FRIED FISH FILLET RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CLASSIC GEFILTE FISH RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
HOMEMADE GEFILTE FISH RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
10 BEST DEEP FRIED FISH FILLETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GEFILTE FISH RECIPE - NYT COOKING
FRIED GEFILTE FISH PATTIES | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
GEFILTE FISH - LINSFOOD
GEFILTE FISH | A TRADITIONAL JEWISH RECIPE - LAVENDER AND LIME
FAIRLY CLASSIC GEFILTE FISH RECIPE - NYT COOKING
TRADITIONAL GEFILTE FISH - GEFILTE FISH - KOSHER RECIPE - VIDEO
FISH BALLS FOR PASSOVER OR ROSH HA SHANA - VEENA AZMANOV
WE SHOULD ALL BE FRYING OUR GEFILTE FISH | THE NOSHER
FRIED GEFILTE FISH | LUCY WAVERMAN'S KITCHEN
10 BEST FISH FRY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CRISPY PAN FRIED FISH | RECIPETIN EATS
THE REBBETZIN'S GEFILTE FISH | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
WHAT IS GEFILTE FISH? - SHABBAT - CHABAD
HOMEMADE FRIED GEFILTE FISH PART 1 - YOUTUBE
GEFILTE FISH RECIPE : SBS FOOD
FRIED GEFILTE FISH PATTIES WITH ONIONS - KOSHER IN THE KITCH!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN GEFILTE FISH | MY JEWISH LEARNING
GEFILTE FISH RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
21 GEFILTE FISH RECIPES FROM CLASSIC TO MODERN - JAMIE GELLER
SPICED GEFILTE FISH - JAMIE GELLER
BAKED HERBED GEFILTE FISH RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
CLASSIC GEFILTE FISH RECIPE | JEWISH RECIPES | PBS FOOD
FRIED GEFILTE FISH: A CHANUKAH MIRACLE - THE AUSTRALIAN JEWISH NEWS
HOW TO IMPOVE GEFILTE FISH FROM A JAR - MELANIE COOKS
DEEP FRIED CARP GEFILTE FISH : 7 STEPS - INSTRUCTABLES
BAKED FROZEN GEFILTE FISH LOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GEFILTE FISH LOAF - UP A NOTCH & SAUCED! - KOSHER
BREADED GEFILTE FISH PATTIES – BUSY IN BROOKLYN
GEFILTE FISH APPETIZER (DOCTORED FROM THE JAR) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GEFILTE FISH - KASHRUT.COM
TWO OLD VIENNA “GEFILTE FISH” RECIPES: ONE ... - JEWISH VIENNESE FOOD
GEFILTE FISH RECIPE RECIPE | HOUSE & GARDEN
65 FRIDAY NIGHT FISH FRY COPYCAT RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
HOW TO MAKE GEFILTE FISH THAT YOUR GUESTS WILL ACTUALLY WANT TO EAT
RECIPE - FRIED GEFILTE FISH - LCBO
FRIED GEFILTE FISH BALLS - KOSHER
THE FOOD SECTION - FOOD NEWS, RECIPES, AND MORE
BEST GEFILTE FISH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GEFILTE FISH - DELISH