BEANS AND RICE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cooked or canned black beans, soaked and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley or cilantro
- 4 cups white rice
- Salsa, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped red onions or scallions for garnish
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Stir in onion and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, cayenne, cumin, chili powder and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and water and stir well. Simmer mixture for 15-20 minutes or until it has thickened. Stir in the chopped parsley or cilantro. Serve hot over rice with various toppings.
LUBIA POLO (GREEN BEAN RICE)
Lubia Polo is a one-pot Persian dish with rice, ground beef, green beans, tomato sauce, and curry spices. You will need a nonstick pan so you can invert the dish onto a serving platter and preserve its crisp rice crust--the tah digh.
Provided by Trina
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups uncooked basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat a large nonstick pan (one that has a lid) over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir in onion and jalapeno, and cook until tender. Season with curry powder; stir in chicken broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, and stir in green beans. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until beans are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in rice, and cover the pan. Cook on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until much of the liquid is absorbed. (Be careful not to overcook rice at this point or the dish will be mushy; the rice should be firm.) Transfer everything in the pan to a bowl or heatproof container, and return pot to the stove.
- Heat the oil in the nonstick pan over medium heat. Carefully dump the cooked rice mixture back into the pan. Wrap a clean dish towel around the inside of the pot's lid (the ends of the dish towel will be folded over the edges on top of the lid,) and put the lid on the pot. Cook over medium-low heat for 35 minutes, without uncovering or stirring. Remove lid and place a tray on top of the pot, then carefully flip it over. The rice will hold the shape of the pot and have a nice crust on top called 'tah digh.'
Nutrition Facts :
CHICKEN, RICE, AND GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice (such as Uncle Ben's ®)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into chunks
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can French-cut green beans, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring the wild rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender but not mushy, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid, fluff the rice with a fork, and cook uncovered 5 minutes more.
- While the rice cooks, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until completely browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Combine the rice, chicken, green beans, mushroom soup, and mayonnaise in a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook green beans and rice?Drain and set aside. Saute butter, olive oil, and garlic in large sauce pan for two minutes. Add rice, beans, salt, and pepper. Saute until heated through. Share it with the community! 31 Tasty Green Bean Recipes That Wi...
What is the healthiest way to cook brown rice and beans?Simmer brown rice and green beans in broth, soy sauce and spices to infuse this Healthy Living Side Dish with savory flavor. 15-Minute Brown Rice & Green Beans is great for any day of the week. Combine broth, beans, soy sauce and garlic powder in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
What is beans + rice?Beans + Rice = A Complete Protein Demo Script SAY: Have you prepared a beans-and-rice dish before? If so, do you have a family recipe you’d like to share with the group?
What are the best green beans for fried rice?Stir-fry ground pork and green beans with ginger, soy sauce and scallions for a flavorful fried rice. Bacon makes everything better, and that includes these green beans.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "green beans rice food"
15-MINUTE BROWN RICE & GREEN BEANS - MY FOOD AND …
3.8/5 (9)Category HomeServings 6Total Time 15 mins
- Combine broth, beans, soy sauce and garlic powder in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 min. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min.
GREEN BEAN AND RICE CASSEROLE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Servings 10Total Time 1 hrCategory HomeCalories 150 per serving
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 2 min. Stir in mushrooms; cook 3 to 5 min. or until evenly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Combine rice, broth, sour cream and 1-1/2 cups cheese in large bowl. Add mushroom mixture; mix well.
- Spoon rice mixture into 9-inch-square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with beans and remaining cheese. Cover.
10 BEST GREEN BEANS AND RICE SIDE DISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEN BEANS WITH BROWN RICE AND GARLIC RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 6Total Time 30 minsCategory RiceCalories 87 per serving
- Saute butter, olive oil, and garlic in large sauce pan for two minutes. Add rice, beans, salt, and pepper. Saute until heated through.
SYRIAN LAMB WITH GREEN BEANS AND RICE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Kathy DickensonSteps 2Difficulty 1 hr 40 min
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH CRISPY RICE AND GREEN BEANS …
Author Brooke WilliamsonSteps 6Difficulty Intermediate
PORK AND GREEN BEAN FRIED RICE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 3Difficulty Easy
LUBIA POLO (PERSIAN GREEN BEAN RICE)
FRIED BROWN RICE WITH CHICKPEAS, GREEN BEANS AND HERBS - NYSSA'S …
RICE A RONI CHICKEN GREEN BEANS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
PORK CHOPS WITH GREEN BEANS AND RICE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
GREEN BEANS | UNL FOOD
GREEN BEAN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BEST OVEN BAKED RICE AND GREEN BEANS AMANDINE RECIPES | FOOD …
GOCHUJANG GREEN BEANS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
RICE WITH GREEN BEANS FROM FOOD OF LIFE BY NAJMIEH BATMANGLIJ
PRO PLAN ESSENTIALS BEEF & BROWN RICE IN GRAVY WET DOG FOOD
GREEN BEANS – FOOD CLUB
HOW TO FREEZE GREEN BEANS
LEBANESE BEEF AND GREEN BEANS - A CEDAR SPOON
CHICKEN, ZUCCHINI & GREEN BEANS WITH RICE PURéE
BEANS + RICE = A COMPLETE PROTEIN FOR GLOBAL NUTRITION
GREEN BEANS WITH RICE BABY FOOD NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
MEERA SODHA’S VEGAN LEBANESE GREEN BEANS AND VERMICELLI RICE …
RICE AND GREEN BEANS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
GREEN BEANS BABY FOOD RECIPES AND TIPS
HOW TO MAKE GREEN BEANS BABY FOOD - WHOLESOMEBABYFOOD
GREEN BEAN AND RICE NOODLE SALAD - SO DELICIOUS
EASY GREEN BEAN TOMATO & RICE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
THAI GREEN BEANS, SAUSAGE, AND RICE RECIPE - FOOD ETC
FRIED RICE WITH GREEN BEANS AND ONION RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
HAMBURGER GREEN BEANS AND RICE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
TUNA, GREEN BEAN & RICE CASSEROLE (GF) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
WHOLE ROASTED PUMPKIN WITH GREEN BEANS AND RED CURRY RICE
6 PROVEN HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING BEANS AND RICE TOGETHER ...
TUNA AND GREEN BEANS WITH RICE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
26 BEST GREEN BEAN RECIPES | GREEN BEAN SIDE DISH IDEAS - FOOD …
GREEN BEANS & RICE NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
EASY SESAME GREEN BEANS: READY IN UNDER 15 MINUTES! - YUMMY …
GINGER BEEF AND GREEN BEANS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SYRIAN LAMB WITH GREEN BEANS AND RICE RECIPE
TERIYAKI SALMON & GREEN BEANS RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD