BEANS AND RICE DINNER
On cold or rainy days, this comforting beans and rice dish really fills the tummy. Sometimes I switch up pinto beans for kidney beans or use white rice instead of brown. Add rolls and a green salad, and it's dinner! -Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, green pepper and onion; cook and stir until tender., Stir in tomatoes, beans, rice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until heated through, 7-9 minutes. Top with cheese, sour cream and green onions.
Nutrition Facts :
TUNA AND GREEN BEANS WITH RICE
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 small onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen Italian cut green beans
- 1 1/3 cups instant rice
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13 ounce) can tuna
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Chop the onion. Drain the tuna. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add broth, beans, rice, basil and pepper. Stir to mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 3 minutes, until almost all liquid is absorbed and beans are tender-crisp.
- Add tuna and tomatoes to skillet. Stir gently to mix. Cover and cook 1 more minute until heated through.
Nutrition Facts :
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "green beans rice food"
VERY VEGGIE RICE AND BEANS - AVERIE COOKS
4.4/5 (77)Total Time 15 minsCategory 30-minute MealsCalories 332 per serving
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, onion, and cook over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, or until it begins to soften; stir occasionally.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender; stir occasionally.
- Add the corn, peas, beans, rice, cumin, salt, pepper, optional cayenne, stir to combine, and cook for about 2 minutes or until warmed through; stir occasionally.
- Add the green onions, cilantro, lime juice, stir to combine, taste and check for seasoning balance and add additional salt, pepper, cumin, etc. if desired.
15-MINUTE BROWN RICE & GREEN BEANS - MY FOOD AND …
3.8/5 (9)Category HomeServings 6Total Time 15 mins
- Combine broth, beans, soy sauce and garlic powder in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 min. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min.
PORK AND GREEN BEAN FRIED RICE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 3Difficulty Easy
TOP 8 VEGETARIAN RICE AND BEANS RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
MEERA SODHA’S VEGAN LEBANESE GREEN BEANS AND …
GREEN BEANS NUTRITION FACTS AND HEALTH BENEFITS - VERYWELL FIT
GREEN BEANS WITH BROWN RICE AND GARLIC RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 6Total Time 30 minsCategory RiceCalories 87 per serving
- Saute butter, olive oil, and garlic in large sauce pan for two minutes. Add rice, beans, salt, and pepper. Saute until heated through.
RICE AND BEANS WITH GREEN CHILES RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Khalil Hymore for Food Network Kitchen FromDifficulty Easy
LUBIA POLO (PERSIAN GREEN BEAN RICE) - THE DELICIOUS CRESCENT
Ratings 11Category Main CourseCuisine PersianTotal Time 1 hr 25 mins
26 BEST GREEN BEAN RECIPES & IDEAS - FOOD NETWORK
GREEN BEANS: HEALTH BENEFITS, USES, AND POSSIBLE RISKS - MEDICAL …
RECIPE OF THE DAY: CHICKEN LIVERS, STEWED WITH GREEN BEANS IN SOUR ...
NATURE'S FOOD PATCH ON TWITTER: "#CLEARWATERHOTBAR: SPIRAL HAM, …
CHINESE GREEN BEANS AND MUSHROOM STIR-FRY - THE FOODIE TAKES …
10 BEST GROUND BEEF RICE GREEN BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRIED BROWN RICE WITH CHICKPEAS, GREEN BEANS AND HERBS
THE TASTIEST GREEN BEAN FRIED RICE - PLANT BASED WITH AMY
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GREEN BEANS - WEBMD
RED BEANS AND RICE RECIPE - TODAY
10 BEST GREEN BEANS AND RICE SIDE DISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAVORY GREEN BEAN, CHICKEN AND RICE DINNER | MINUTE® RICE
BEANS + RICE = A COMPLETE PROTEIN FOR GLOBAL NUTRITION
EASY PEASY GREEN BEAN CRISPY GARLIC FRIED RICE - WOONHENG