RUM CUPCAKES WITH COCONUT FROSTING
Treat your sweet tooth to taste trip to the islands courtesy of our rum cupcakes made with yellow cake mix, dark rum and toasted coconut.
Provided by Sarah Caron
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dark rum
- 1/4 cup coconut, toasted, if desired
- Heat oven to 325°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size nonstick muffin cups.
- In large bowl, mix cake mix, 1 cup rum, the water, oil and eggs with whisk until blended. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from muffin cups to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix butter, sugar, milk and 1 teaspoon rum with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium-high speed until well blended and fluffy, scraping down side of bowl as necessary.
- Frost cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle tops with coconut.
Nutrition Facts :
MALIBU RUM (COCONUT) CUPCAKES
I got this receipe from howsweeteats.com. This is so yummy and just screams summer!!! Pictures to come. I doubled the cupcake part of the receipe and I had more than enough frosting by just doing the single receipe of the frosting. Took these into work and everyone couldn't stop raving about how good they were! Also, I cooked the...
Provided by Jen Frame
Categories Other Desserts
Number Of Ingredients 17
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean contents
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- 1/4 c shredded coconut
- 1/4 c coconut rum(i prefer malibu)
- MALIBU FROSTING
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb powered sugar
- 1/4 c coconut rum
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Cream butter, sugar, and eggs together until fluffy.
- 3. Add vanilla, coconut extract and vanilla bean and mix until combined.
- 4. Combine dry ingredients into a bowl.
- 5. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- 6. Add the coconut milk.
- 7. Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients.
- 8. Add coconut rum and fold in shredded coconut.
- 9. STEPS FOR MAKING COCONUT FROSTING
- 10. Cream butter until smooth
- 11. Gradually add powdered sugar, alternating with rum and vanilla, until desired consistency is reached
- 12. Feel free to add more or less sugar or liquid based on how thick you want the frosting.
MALIBU RUM COCONUT CREAM CHOCOLATE PIE
- 30 chocolate cookies (Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers) or 10 chocolate graham crackers (Honey maid recommended)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut rum (Malibu Rum)
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat the oven to 350°F and place a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place the chocolate wafers in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse until ground into evenly sized crumbs or place them in zip-top bag and pulverize them with a rolling pin or meat mallet until finely crushed. You should have about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs.
- Place the crumbs in a medium mixing bowl. Drizzle in the melted butter and mix with a fork until the crumbs are evenly moistened (if using a food processor, drizzle the butter through the feed tube while pulsing).
- Transfer the buttered crumbs to a 9-inch pie plate and use your fingertips or the back of a spoon to press the mixture evenly into the pie plate, spreading it up the sides but not over the rim.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until the sides of the crust feel firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before filling.
- Place the milk, cream and vanilla bean in a 4-quart saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until almost about to simmer (Do not let it boil). Remove from the heat and let the vanilla bean steep in the milk for 15 minutes.
- Place the egg yolks, sugar, salt and cornstarch in a medium mixing bowl and beat with a whisk until well blended (1 minute).
- Remove the vanilla bean from milk. Use a knife to scrape out as many seeds as possible and add them to the milk. Swirl the pod in the milk to remove any remaining seeds. Discard the pod or save for another use.
- Add 1 1/2 cups toasted coconut and place the pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer then remove from the heat.
- Ladle out about 1/2 cup of the hot milk and whisk it into the egg mixture. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the pot of milk, whisking steadily to keep the eggs from curdling.
- Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly but not furiously. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook while whisking constantly (make sure to get the sides and edges) until the mixture is very thick (2-3 minutes). Remove from the heat, add the butter and stir until melted then stir in the coconut rum.
- Let the filling cool to lukewarm (about 15 minutes), then pour into the cooled pie shell. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface (to keep a skin from forming). Refrigerate the pie for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, make the whipped cream topping. Place the cream and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or, if using a whisk or hand-held mixer, put it in a deep mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until frothy. Sprinkle in the confectioners' sugar and beat on medium-high until stiff peaks form (when the whisk is lifted the cream will form a point that doesn't droop).
- Mound the whipped cream in the center of the chilled pie. Use the back of a large spoon or an offset metal spatula to spread it out to the edge and give it a few decorative swirls. Sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut and serve.
Top Asked Questions
What is Malibu coconut rum?The notorious Malibu coconut rum combines a light rum with coconut liqueur, while others infuse the rum with coconut water. Others still use real coconuts during the process, offering a truly authentic experience.
What is the best coconut rum to buy?The Best Coconut Rum 1 Malibu Original. Malibu Original is exactly that – the original coconut rum. ... 2 Brinley Gold Shipwrecked Coconut Rum. This unique coconut expression begins with a base of molasses-distilled dark rum named for its golden color. 3 Sugar Island Coconut Rum. ... 4 Coconut Cartel Rum. ... 5 Montauk Rumrunners Coconut Rum. ...
What to do with coconut rum rum and lime?Coconut, rum and lime are a recipe for success. If you’re making these for children, omit the Malibu and simmer the syrup for less time. Why choose between a cocktail and dessert, when you could have both! We have combined the flavours of rum, coconut and lime together in these delicious cupcakes that are then topped with a cream cheese icing.
What to drink in Malibu?This Malibu rum drink is smooth, quick to make, and colorful—just like the beach. 4. Red Grapefruit Margarita One of my favorite things about this Malibu margarita is that the company keeps it on the rocks and using different garnishes in their recipe.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "malibu rum coconut cupcakes food"
COCONUT RUM CUPCAKES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Servings 12Total Time 55 minsCategory Baking, DessertCalories 321 per serving
COCONUT RUM CUPCAKES - HOW SWEET EATS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
MALIBU RUM DRINKS
PINA COLADA CUPCAKES W. RUM INFUSED ... - WILD WILD WHISK
MALIBU RUM CUPCAKES WITH PINEAPPLE & JALAPENO FILLING ...
RUM CUPCAKES RECIPES
TOP 10 BEST CUPCAKES IN MALIBU, CA - FOOD NEWS
THE BEST COCONUT RUM | FOOD FOR NET
10 BEST MALIBU RUM DESSERTS RECIPES - YUMMLY
MALIBU RUM CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PINA COLADA RECIPE MALIBU COCONUT MILK - MY FOOD RECIPES
CHOCOLATE COCONUT MALIBU RUM CAKE - URBAN BAKES
MALIBU RUM CUPCAKES – KAE
MALIBU COCONUT RUM - YOGITRITION
COCONUT RUM CUPCAKES ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
LIME AND COCONUT CUPCAKES WITH MALIBU RUM!
10 BEST RUM CUPCAKES RECIPES - YUMMLY
TRIPLE RUM PIñA COLADA CUPCAKES - COCKTAIL TO CUPCAKE
MALIBU BAY BREEZE CUPCAKES | OUR FULLER NEST
COCONUT LIME MALIBU CUPCAKES – KAYL CHIPS
12 MALIBU RUM DRINKS THAT TASTE LIKE THE BEACH
MALIBU COCONUT RUM RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
THESE MALIBU RUM CUPCAKES TASTE JUST LIKE SPRING BREAK
MALIBU RUM CAKE – IT’S ABOUT THE FOOD
MALIBU RUM COCONUT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MALIBU CARIBBEAN RUM COCONUT LIQUEUR RECIPES - ALL ...
MALIBU RUM CUPCAKES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
MALIBU COCONUT RUM CAKE - SUGAR PIES - GOOGLE SEARCH
MALIBU MILK - COOKEATSHARE
10 BEST MALIBU COCONUT RUM CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MALIBU COCONUT RUM | IN-ROOM FOOD & BEVERAGES | CARNIVAL ...
COCONUT-LIME CUPCAKES WITH MALIBU FROSTING | KEEPRECIPES ...
MOST POPULAR DRINKS MADE WITH MALIBU® COCONUT RUM ...
43 MALIBU EATS IDEAS | FOOD, FAVORITE RECIPES, MALIBU RUM
MALIBU RUM COCONUT CUPCAKES RECIPES
MALIBU RUM MOMMY CUPCAKES | CUPCAKE RECIPES, DELICIOUS ...
MALIBU RUM (COCONUT) CUPCAKES
MALIBU RUM CUPCAKES WITH PINEAPPLE AND JALAPEñO FILLING ...
MALIBU PINA COLADA CUPCAKES RECIPE - (4.4/5) - KEYINGREDIENT
MALIBU RUM DRINKS
PINA COLADA RECIPE MALIBU BLENDER - SIMPLE CHEF RECIPE
10 BEST MALIBU COCONUT RUM RECIPES - FOOD NEWS