MANDARIN ORANGE CAKE I
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin oranges with juice. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the topping: In a large bowl, beat together whipped topping, pineapple with juice and dry pudding mix until blended. Spread on cake.
Nutrition Facts :
MANDARIN ORANGE CAKE
This was a favorite cake growing up. The middle gets sunken, all good from the topping sinking into it. You may wnat to double the topping so you can pour extra over the edge pieces of the cake, they don't seem to get as much of the topping sinking in as it all flows to the middle of the cake.
Provided by Miss Erin C.
Yield 1 nine x thirteen cake
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans drained mandarin oranges
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Beat the eggs, add oranges and dry ingredients, sugar, flour, baking soda and salt, beat on low speed until combined Pour into a greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- In a small saucepan bring the final 3 ingredients to a boil and pour over the hot cake as soon as it comes out of the oven Serve with whipped cream.
- 4 to 5 clementines (about 1 pound total weight)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/3 cups ground almonds
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
- Put the clementines in a pot with cold water to cover, bring to the boil, and cook for 2 hours. Drain and, when cool, cut each clementine in half and remove the seeds. Then finely chop the skins, pith, and fruit in the processor (or by hand, of course).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter and line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs. Add the sugar, almonds, and baking powder. Mix well, adding the chopped clementines. I don't like using the processor for this, and frankly, you can't balk at a little light stirring.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, when a skewer will come out clean; you'll probably have to cover the cake with foil after about 40 minutes to stop the top from burning. Remove from the oven and leave to cool, in the pan on a rack. When the cake is cold, you can take it out of the pan. I think this is better a day after it's made, but I don't complain about eating it anytime.
- I've also made this with an equal weight of oranges and lemons, in which case I increase the sugar to 1 1/4 cups and slightly Anglicize it, too, by adding a glaze made of confectioners' sugar mixed to a paste with lemon juice and a little water.
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a Mandarin cake?In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, butter, vanilla, mandarin zest, and 4 tablespoons of the mandarin juice; set aside. Beat the granulated sugar and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
How to make mandarin orange angel food cake?Thoroughly drain the mandarin oranges and place them in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or your hand mixer to crush the mandarin oranges. Then pour in the angel food cake mix. Mix on medium until well blended. Pour in the cake pan. DO NOT spray the pan with non stick spray first. Baked at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Is Mandarin cake gluten free?Gluten Free Mandarin Cake is a very quick and easy recipe to make. Loaded with mandarin oranges it is a nice burst of citrus any time of the year. This flavourful dessert is smothered in sauce after baking and then carmelized under the broiler. This nice light dessert yields 9 servings.
How to make vanilla pudding with mandarin oranges?Put the vanilla pudding and cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Prepare the cake mix as outlined on the box swapping the water for one cup of the mandarin juice. Add the remaining mandarin oranges to the cake mix. Blend well with a hand mixer on medium speed for about 90 seconds. The mandarin oranges will break up and disperse into the batter.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "mandarin cake food"
EASY MANDARIN CAKE | LOVEFOODIES
4.6/5 (27)Total Time 55 minsCategory CakesPublished 2020-07-02
- Set oven to 180C, Gas 4, 350 F. Grease & flour your baking pan - Rub some butter all over the insides of your tins, then put a spoonful of flour in the centre of one, roll the tin around so the flour sticks to the tin, tip the excess flour into the next tin and do the same. Discard the excess flour.
- Get everything ready to make the cake. Sift the flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside, and weigh out the mandarins
- In the mixer bowl, add the oil & 3 eggs, sugar and mandarins plus the half juice you reserved from the can. Beat until all combined. On a slow speed, mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture. When it is all combined, add another 1/3. Combine on a slow speed.
MANDARIN CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 8Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory BreadsPublished 2002-11-16
MANDARIN CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertPublished 2009-07-26
MANDARIN CAKE RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
- Grate 4 mandarins; juice 2 mandarins. Place the juice aside. Mix the zest with the yogurt. Combine the flour, cornstarch and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Beat the eggs and the sugar until you have a pale, foamy mixture; gently add the oil first, then the yogurt, flour and a pinch of salt.
- Butter a bundt cake pan (7 1/2" in diameter, 4 1/3" high), dust the bottom and sides with a little flour and pour in the batter and bake at for 40-45 minutes.
MANDARIN MOUSSE CAKE WITH JELLO (VIDEO) - TATYANAS ...
- Prepare the orange curd first as it needs to cool. In a large glass mixing bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolks and sugar. Whisk vigorously for 3 to 4 minutes, until the mixture is thick and more pale in color. It should ribbon off the whisk. Pour the mixture into a stainless steel pot and add the orange or mandarin juice; whisk to combine. The juice needs to be pulp-free; strain it ahead of time if necessary. Cook the orange curd over medium-low heat, stirring constantly along the bottom of the pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the curd thickens and starts to bubble lightly. Remove from heat immediately. Add the unsalted butter and vanilla and whisk until the butter is completely melted. Cover the curd and place into the refrigerator to cool.
- Next, prepare the sponge cake. Preheat the oven to 350F/177C. Prepare a 9 or 10-inch springform pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper; do not grease the sides. (If you are not planning to use an acetate cake collar to assemble the cake, I recommend using a 10-inch pan; otherwise the jello will not fit) Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract into a stand mixer bowl, then whisk on high speed for 7 to 9 minutes. The eggs need to be thick, pale in color and super fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour and baking powder. Sift the dry ingredients into the egg mixture in small increments, folding gently but thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour the prepared batter into the springform pan and bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until the top is a rich, golden color. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool. Once cooled, use a long serrated knife to split the layer in two. (If using 10-inch springform, leave the layer whole and use as the base only) Using a pastry brush or a dispenser bottle, soak the cake layers generously with the sweet wine or a simple syrup; set aside.
MANDARIN SYRUP CAKE - NADIA LIM
- Place whole mandarins in a large saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Cover with a lid and boil gently for about 1 hour (this softens the fruit and also gets rid of some of the bitter taste from the skins). Drain and allow mandarins to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/355 Fahrenheit. Grease and line a 21cm round springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Remove the stem of the mandarins, then cut in half and remove any pips. Place fruit (skin, pith, flesh and all) in a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth. Add all other cake ingredients and blitz until well combined.
MANDARIN ORANGE ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE - ONLY 3 …
- Thoroughly drain the mandarin oranges and place them in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or your hand mixer to crush the mandarin oranges.
MANDARIN ORANGE CAKE WITH PINEAPPLE FROSTING RECIPE - …
20 EASY MANDARIN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
- Mandarin Breakfast Smoothie. Get your morning off to a great start with this super healthy and super tasty smoothie. It’s brimming with nutritious ingredients – mandarins, yogurt, bananas, flaxseeds – for a breakfast that’ll get you jumping out of bed.
- Mandarin Orange Salsa. Traditional salsa is fine, but if you really want to upgrade your dip try this fruity version. It’s a fun and zesty take on the classic, with juicy mandarins bringing the sweetness and chopped jalapenos adding the spice.
- Spinach Mandarin Orange Pizza. If you’re the kind of person who likes their pizza savory and sweet, you’ll have to try this unique treat. Pepperoni, mandarin oranges, leafy spinach, and cream cheese are all layered onto a crispy pizza crust.
MANDARIN ORANGE CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
- In a large mixing bowl mix all the cake ingredients listed above until well blended. Spray 3 (9 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray. Fill each cake pan with about 2 cups of cake mix. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes checking for doneness as ovens vary. Your layers will be thin. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients and mix together with a spoon. I don’t use a mixer for the frosting. Frost cake adding frosting between the layers.
MANDARIN CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - COLETTE PETERS | FOOD & WINE
- Preheat the oven to 275°. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans with shortening. Line the bottoms with wax paper and grease the paper. Dust the pans with flour, tapping out the excess.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, combine the butter, chocolate, hot coffee and orange liqueur; stir occasionally until the chocolate and butter melt. Stir in the sugar until dissolved and the mixture is completely cool. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, whisking between additions. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Divide the batter evenly between the 2 prepared pans and bake in the middle of the oven for 1 1/4 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean. Let the cakes cool completely on a rack. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To unmold the cakes, set the pans, one at a time, over a burner on low heat for 10 seconds. Run a blunt knife around the cakes to loosen, then invert them onto a rack. Remove the paper. Split each cake in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
MANDARIN ORANGE CAKE MADE FROM SCRATCH WITHOUT A CAKE MIX
MANDARIN CAKE - NZ HERALD
- Roughly chop the mandarins and place in a food processor. Blitz until you have a pulp; set aside 2 tablespoons for the icing.
MOIST MANDARIN CAKE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
- Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Grease and flour a 20 cm (8 inch) diameter springform cake tin.
- Using a plate to catch any juices, cut the mandarins in half and discard the seeds. Purée the flesh, juice and skin in a blender or food processor. You should have just over 1 cup (250 ml/8 fl oz) of pulp.
MANDARIN SYRUP CAKE - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
- 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm-round springform cake tin with baking paper. Mix spread, sugar, yoghurt, vanilla, mandarin rind, and eggs in a food processor until well combined. Add flours. Pulse until combined.
- 2 Remove pith from mandarins and separate segments. Add to batter. Gently combine. Spoon into cake tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack. Transfer to a serving platter.
- 3 To make mandarin syrup, place sugar, water and rind in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 2 minutes. Take off heat and allow to cool.
MANDARIN CAKE | FOOD TO LOVE
- Make the topping first. Using a sharp knife, slice off the skin and all pith from mandarins. Slip out the segments by slicing either side of the membrane. Remove any pips. Put mandarin segments in a bowl with the Cointreau and leave to soak. Squeeze juices from mandarin membranes and reserve. Cream butter and brown sugar in a small bowl, beating with a wooden spoon. Butter the sides of a 23cm cake tin, then spread the creamed butter and brown sugar over the bottom of the tin.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. To make the cake, put butter in a bowl and beat with an electric beater until creamy and loose, then beat in caster sugar and continue beating until fluffy and lighter in colour. Lightly beat eggs together in a small bowl. Gradually beat eggs into creamed butter and sugar, then sift over flour and fold in with a large spoon.
- Finely grate the zest from the orange. Strain mandarin segments and measure juices. Make up to ½ cup with any reserved mandarin juices, and, if necessary, freshly squeezed orange juice. Mix juices and orange zest into cake batter.
MANDARIN ORANGE ANGEL FOOD CAKE - TAMMILEE TIPS
MANDARIN CAKE # 2 RECIPE - AUSTRALIAN.FOOD.COM
- Put the mandarins in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 hours, adding water when necessary to keep the mandarins covered at all times.(Microwave option as a foot note)
- Drain the mandarins and cool them to room temperature. Once cooled, split them open with your hands and remove any seeds. Puree the mandarins, including the skins, in a food processor. Add the sugar and eggs and mix together until combined. Add the ground almonds to the mandarin purée and stir thoroughly.
CHINESE PANCAKE RECIPE DONE MANDARIN STYLE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPE: WHOLE MANDARIN CAKE – ASK SARAH
MANDARIN CAKE RECIPE BY QUICK.EASY.COOKING | IFOOD.TV
MANDARIN CAKE SHOP - CAKE SHOPS IN CENTRAL | MANDARIN ...
MANDARIN ORANGE BUNDT CAKE - DINNER WITH JULIE
MANDARIN ORANGE ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE - THE EASIER LIFE
MANDARIN CAKE | WOOLWORTHS
MANDARIN CAKE – DREAMS FOOD
MANDARIN ORANGE POKE CAKE? - ALL ABOUT FOOD
MANDARIN & ALMOND CAKE | IGA RECIPES
RECIPE: MANDARIN CAKE - FOOD NEWS
MANDARIN CAKE – DREAMS FOOD
MANDARIN ORANGES RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
THE MANDARIN CAKE SHOP, SONGSHAN - MENU, PRICES ...
MANDARIN ORANGE CAKE? - ALL ABOUT FOOD
THE MANDARIN ORIENTAL SHOP KUALA LUMPUR
MANDARIN ORIENTAL SHOP BY MANDARIN ORIENTAL, HONG KONG ...
CRISRIO - FEATURED - MANDARIN CAKE - JIGSAW PLANET
MOMAC FOOD AND BEVERAGE - MANDARIN ORIENTAL SHOP BY ...
MANDARIN SYRUP CAKE RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
UPSIDE DOWN MANDARIN CAKE – FOOD MADE WITH LOVE
THE MANDARIN CAKE SHOP, HONG KONG - CENTRAL - UPDATED …
MANDARIN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MANDARIN CAKE | MYKITCHENGARDEN
DINING AND DELIVERY – MANDARIN ORIENTAL, HONG KONG
CAKES & PASTRIES - THE MANDARIN GOURMET SHOP
MANDARIN SYRUP CAKE RECIPE : SBS FOOD