NEW ORLEANS JAMBALAYA
For when you really have to feed an army!
Provided by Christine
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Stews Jambalaya Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 20
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 16 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¾ pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 8 onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 pounds chorizo, sliced into chunks
- 3 pounds cooked ham, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 6 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cups uncooked white rice
- 10 pounds medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- Chicken Marinade: In a large, shallow glass baking dish, mix together soy sauce, 4 tablespoons dried thyme, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 2 tablespoons paprika, 2 chopped onions and 2 tablespoons black pepper. Place the chicken in the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Saute bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until brown. Add the onion and garlic. Continue to cook 5 minutes. Mix in flour and sausage. Cook 5 minutes more; stirring frequently. Add the ham, thyme, cayenne, chicken stock, tomatoes, reserved juice and green peppers and bring to boil. Stir in rice and cover. Cook for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely and refrigerate.
- Two hours before you intend to serve the jambalaya, discard marinade and bake chicken breasts at 500 degrees F (250 degrees C) for 12 minutes, or until the flesh is firm when pressed with finger. Remove from oven. Cool and slice into bite-size pieces.
- Reduce oven's temperature to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Place covered jambalaya on large baking tray filled with to water. Bake until warm, about 2 hours.
- Just before serving the jambalaya, boil 5 quarts of water. Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes until they are firm to the touch. Drain well. Toss shrimp and chicken with jambalaya mixture and serve.
Nutrition Facts :
NEW ORLEANS JAMBALAYA
Jambalaya is a catch-all for meat and seafood, making it a favorite for my husband! It's sure to warm you up on a chilly day. -Sabrina Hickey, Columbus, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 29
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 to 2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the first five ingredients on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Set aside. , In a stockpot, saute the chicken, pork, onion, green pepper and celery in butter and oil until meat is browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the sausage, ham, tomatoes, 1 cup water, tomato puree, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme, cayenne, chili powder, apple pie spice, bay leaves and spice bag. , Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. During the last 3 minutes, add shrimp and, if necessary, the remaining water. Discard bay leaves and spice bag. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts :
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "new orleans style jambalaya food"
AUTHENTIC JAMBALAYA - THE DARING GOURMET
4.6/5 (220)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 587 per serving
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on all sides. Add the andouille sausage and cook for another 3 minutes or so until the sausage begins to brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, and bell pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the rice, diced tomatoes, remaining tablespoon of Creole seasoning, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add the chicken broth and bay leaves.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, giving it one stir around the halfway point. Add the shrimp, cover, and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the rice is tender.
NEW ORLEANS FOOD - BEST PLACES TO EAT JAMBALAYA, …
JAMBALAYA - CAFE DELITES
INSIDE NEW ORLEANS' TRADITIONAL FOOD - NEW ORLEANS
AUTHENTIC JAMBALAYA RECIPE (TASTY CREOLE STYLE)
EMERIL'S NEW ORLEANS STYLE JAMBALAYA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
JAMBALAYA NEW ORLEANS-STYLE RECIPE | PBS FOOD
JAMBALAYA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE THIS CLASSIC CREOLE RICE …
- Make the Creole seasoning. Place 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon ground white pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Prepare the vegetables. Thinly slice 2 medium scallions and set aside for garnish. Prepare the following and add to a medium bowl: Dice 1 small yellow onion, 3 medium celery stalks, and 1 medium green bell pepper (about 1 cup each); mince 3 garlic cloves.
- Prepare the meats. Cut 1 package andouille sausage into 1/2-inch thick rounds. Cut 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs into bite-size pieces. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of the kosher salt and 1 tablespoon of the Creole seasoning.
- Brown the sausage. Heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering. You’ll know the oil is hot enough when a sprinkle of water pops and crackles. Add the sausage in a single layer and cook until browned on the cut sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Using tongs, transfer the sausage to a plate.
NEW ORLEANS JAMBALAYA - A CLASSIC RECIPE TO CELEBRATE FAT TUESDAY
Category Main DishesCalories 479 per servingTotal Time 50 mins
AUTHENTIC JAMBALAYA RECIPE - NEW ORLEANS CAJUN COOKING AT ITS …
Cuisine CajunTotal Time 1 hrCategory RecipesCalories 574 per serving
JAMBALAYA - WIKIPEDIA
NEW ORLEANS STYLE JAMBALAYA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOW TO MAKE EMERIL'S JAMBALAYA: RECIPE AND TIPS | TASTE OF HOME
CREOLE-STYLE RED JAMBALAYA WITH CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, AND SHRIMP …
8 BEST JAMBALAYA RESTAURANTS IN NEW ORLEANS - CULTURE TRIP
AUTHENTIC NEW ORLEANS JAMBALAYA RECIPE | MESSY WONDERFUL
CAJUN JAMBALAYA, NEW ORLEANS STYLE RECIPE - THE BALD CHEF
CAJUN JAMBALAYA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
“CONJURE UP THE FLAVOURS OF NEW ORLEANS WITH OUR JAMBALAYA RECIPE!”
ON THE MENU: CREOLE JAMBALAYA & SAZERAC
NEW ORLEANS JAMBALAYA PASTA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
NEW ORLEANS JAMBALAYA
JAMBALAYA RECIPE AND A NEW ORLEANS FOOD TOUR - BISCUITS & BURLAP
BEST CAJUN RESTAURANTS IN NEW ORLEANS | TOP RESTAURANTS FOR CAJUN …