THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH
This easy pizza dough recipe is the key to making an extraordinary homemade pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results! -Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 crusts (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose or 00 flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and marjoram, optional
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar; add yeast and whisk until dissolved. Let stand until bubbles form on surface. In a large bowl, whisk 3 cups flour, salt, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar and, if desired, dried herbs. Make a well in center; add yeast mixture and oil. Stir until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead, adding more flour to surface as needed until no longer sticky and dough is smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a large greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes; transfer bowl to refrigerator and chill overnight. Allow dough to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes, before rolling.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups warm water (100 degrees F or 38 degrees C)
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- Stir whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, salt, sugar, olive oil, and warm water with a spatula until formed into a sticky ball of dough that pulls away from sides of a large bowl, about 3-4 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a light cloth or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place (80 to 95 degrees F (27 to 35 degrees C)) for 18 hours, until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 550 degrees F (280 degrees C). Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with more flour. Form the dough into a rectangle, and cut it into four equal parts. Shape each piece into a ball, stretching and tucking the dough to create a smooth surface, adding more flour if needed. Cover the dough balls with a towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- To shape the dough, sprinkle the surface with flour and lightly pat flat. Use a rolling pin to form a thin disk about 9 inches in diameter.
- Transfer the formed crust to the prepared baking sheet and top as desired. Bake on the bottom rack for 4 minutes, move to the middle rack and bake for 5-6 minutes more minutes, until the bottom is crispy and the top is lightly browned. Move to cooling rack to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
QUICK BASIC PIZZA DOUGH
This homemade pizza crust comes together quickly-give the dough time to rise and a couple of kneads, and it's done! Use it as a base for your favorite pie and have an at-home pizza night.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 pounds
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast (not rapid-rise)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for bowl and brushing
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for dusting
- Pour 1 1/2 cups warm water into a large bowl; sprinkle with yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, oil, and salt into yeast mixture. Add flour and stir until a sticky dough forms. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and brush top with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until dough has doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead 1 or 2 times before using.
- Dough can be stored in an oiled bowl, covered with plastic, in refrigerator up to 2 hours. To freeze, wrap dough in plastic and freeze in a resealable freezer bag up to 3 months. If you plan to use it in a recipe that calls for half a batch, divide it before freezing.
Nutrition Facts :
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
More about "pizza dough food"
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE – BEST EVER HOMEMADE PIZZA!
5/5 (183)Category MainsCuisine Italian, WesternCalories 116 per serving
- After rising, refrigerate bowl with dough for up to 5 days (do not punch down). Flavour gets better with time. (Note 7)
- Scrape dough out of bowl on work surface lightly dusted with flour. Shape into log, fully deflating dough in the process.
NO-YEAST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK …
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 5Difficulty Easy
HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH | RICARDO
QUICK PIZZA DOUGH IN A FOOD PROCESSOR – A COUPLE …
THE ULTIMATE PIZZA DOUGH | CANADIAN LIVING
22 CREATIVE RECIPES WITH PIZZA DOUGH | EAT …
BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - HOW TO …
BASIC NEW YORK-STYLE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE
BASIC PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD …
5/5 (49)Author Food Network KitchenServings 2Difficulty Intermediate
PILLSBURY CLASSIC PIZZA CRUST, 13.8 OZ, 1 CT - AMAZON.COM
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - NYT COOKING
5/5 Category Easy, Pizza And CalzonesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
POPULAR JAPANESE CHAIN PIZZA SAINT TROPEZ OPENS IN TORONTO | THE …
THE PIZZA AT THIS MIDWESTERN GAS STATION CHAIN HAS A CULT
WHY HASN’T THE PRETZEL CRUST PIZZA TAKEN THE PIZZA MARKET?
THE CRISPY, GOLDEN, CRACKER-STYLE PIZZA I MAKE EVERY SINGLE WEEK
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
GIADA'S FAMOUS PIZZA DOUGH - GIADZY
ROBERTA'S PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5 TOP NEAPOLITAN-STYLE PIZZAS IN ST. LOUIS, CHOSEN BY OUR CRITIC
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SOURDOUGH STARTER PIZZA DOUGH CONTAINER DOUGH PROOFING BOX
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
BEST PIZZA IN ST CHARLES, MO: 11 TOP PIZZERIAS! (2023)
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH FROM SCRATCH - THE FOOD …
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PIZZA CRUST - ALLRECIPES | FOOD, FRIENDS, AND RECIPE INSPIRATION
DOUGH & CRUST - LOUGHBOROUGH YOU'LL EXPERIENCE DELICIOUS PIZZA …
DETROIT PIZZA IN NEW YORK—SCORES ON TOP AT INTERNATIONAL ... - FORBES