VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 8 ounces Chinese long beans or green beans, cut into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces to yield about 2 cups
- 2 large carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 8 ounces fresh or dried chow mein noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce*
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the beans and carrots and cook for 1 minute. Drain and put in a bowl of iced water until cool, about 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- Return the water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pat dry and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the noodles, ginger and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until the noodles are lightly browned. Add the mushrooms, beans, carrots, and water chestnuts and cook for 3 minutes. Add the broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and honey. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until slightly reduced and thick, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the chow mein to a large bowl and garnish with the green onions before serving.
EASY VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN
You don't need takeout with this easy chow mein recipe. Veggie lovers rejoice: snap peas, carrots, onions and mushrooms all round out this easy Asian-inspired dish. Add a few extra ingredients and your homemade chow mein is ready to devour.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1 cup vegetable broth or Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bag (1 lb) frozen snap peas, carrots, onions and mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- Mix broth, cornstarch, oyster sauce and pepper sauce; set aside.
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and frozen vegetables in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in coleslaw mix and broth mixture. Cook and stir 1 1/2 minutes. Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts :
CHOW MEIN WITH CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¾ teaspoon white sugar
- ½ pound chow mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 heads bok choy, chopped
- ½ zucchini, diced
- 10 sugar snap peas
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Whisk soy sauce, corn starch, and sesame oil together in a large bowl until smooth; add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine chicken broth, oyster sauce, and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Cook and garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds; add marinated chicken. Cook and stir until browned and no longer pink in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken mixture to a plate. Cook and stir bok choy, zucchini, snap peas, and carrot in the hot skillet until softened, about 2 minutes. Return noodles and chicken mixture to the skillet. Pour broth mixture into noodle mixture; cook and stir until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Serve garnished with green onions.
Nutrition Facts :
Top Asked Questions
What is the best chow mein recipe?Chow mein are stir fried noodles with vegetables. Often chicken, pork or prawns (shrimp) are added. Preheat a large wok over high heat. Add a few tablespoons of vegetable oil then add the mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic and chilli. Allow to fry for 5 minutes then add the broccolini, sugar snap peas and corn.
How long does it take to make veggie chow mein?Vegetable Chow Mein is an EASY one pot dinner, loaded with veggies and tossed with chow mein noodles in a savory sauce. This recipe is a meatless take on my Classic Chinese Chow Mein, and is my go-to on weeknights because it takes a total time of 30 minutes to make.
Can you add more vegetables to chow mein?You can adjust the ingredients to add more vegetables. Easy Vegetable Chow Mein is a Chinese stir-fried noodle dish and a common Asian Takeout meal. The homemade chow mein with fresh veggies and crispy noodles is a very popular and flavorful meal which you can easily recreate at home!
What is Chow Mein made of?What is chow mein? Chow mein are stir fried noodles with vegetables. Often chicken, pork or prawns (shrimp) are added. Preheat a large wok over high heat. Add a few tablespoons of vegetable oil then add the mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic and chilli. Allow to fry for 5 minutes then add the broccolini, sugar snap peas and corn.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "recipe for vegetable chow mein food"
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsServings 2-3
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin, rice vinegar, brown sugar and water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil over high heat. Stir in the garlic, onion, and ginger. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the garlic and onions are soft and fragrant.
- Stir in carrot, broccoli and bell peppers. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
RECIPE FOR VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.9/5 (35)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side Dish, Dinner, Entree, PastaCalories 311 per serving
AUTHENTIC VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - CHINESE.FOOD.COM
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 390 per serving
- Bring 8 cups unsalted water to a boil in a 6- to 8-quart pot, then add noodles, stirring to separate, and cook 15 seconds. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until noodles are cool, then shake colander briskly to drain excess water.
- Stir together soy sauce, rice wine, oyster sauce, and cornstarch with 1/4 teaspoon white pepper in a small bowl until smooth, then stir in chicken broth.
- Heat wok over high heat until a drop of water evaporates within 1 to 2 seconds of contact, then add 1/2 cup peanut oil and heat until just smoking. Carefully add noodles all at once, flattening top to form a 9-inch cake. Cook until underside is golden, 4 to 5 minutes, rotating noodle cake with a metal spatula to brown evenly and lifting edges occasionally to check color.
- Carefully flip noodle cake over with spatula and tongs, then cook, rotating cake, until other side is golden, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer noodle cake to a large paper-towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Discard any oil remaining in wok and wipe out wok with paper towels.
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - NYT COOKING
3/5 (282)Total Time 15 minsServings 2-4
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Ching-He HuangSteps 2Difficulty Easy
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - VEGAN HEAVEN
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN (CHINESE VEGAN FRIENDLY RECIPE ...
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN RECIPE - 43+ QUICK COOKING VIDEOS - OLD ...
RECIPES CHOW MEIN NOODLES - 37+ EASY RECIPE VIDEOS - FOOD ...
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN NOODLES - CHINESE RECIPES FOR ALL
EASY VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHOW …
CHINESE VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | CHINESE RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
VEGAN VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - SPOONS OF FLAVOR
EASY VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - CUPFUL OF KALE
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - RECIPES ARE SIMPLE
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN NOODLES: HONG KONG CANTONESE STYLE
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - SIMPLY TRINI COOKING
VEG CHOW MEIN - CHOW MEIN WITH VEGETABLES - GREENBOWL2SOUL
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | BBC GOOD FOOD
VEGGIE-PACKED CHOW MEIN RECIPE BY TASTY
VEGETABLE CHOWMEIN RECIPE BY NIRU GUPTA - NDTV FOOD
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - MAMA LOVES FOOD
SINGAPORE CHOW MEIN RECIPES
KEN HOM VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | TESCO REAL FOOD
RECIPES CHOW MEIN NOODLES - 48+ BEST FOOD VIDEOS - CAT ...
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE, INDINA STYLE VEG CHOWMEIN
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE ...
10 BEST VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN WITHOUT NOODLES RECIPES - YUMMLY
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | QUICK AND EASY VEGAN RECIPE | HIP ...
CHOW MEIN NOODLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN, CHINESE CHOW MEIN RECIPE, CHINESE RECIPES
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
10 BEST CHOW MEIN RECIPES - YUMMLY
SIMPLE TRINI CHOW MEIN NOODLES RECIPE – WE TRINI FOOD
CURRIED VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN – FOOD FUSION
WEEKNIGHT CHOW MEIN RECIPES - FOOD HOUSE
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - FOOD WITH FEELING