RED VELVET CUPCAKES
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, such as Pernigotti
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1 tablespoon liquid red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- Red Velvet Frosting, recipe follows
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (3/4 pound)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients alternately in 3 parts, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, and mix until combined. Stir with a rubber spatula to be sure the batter is mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups with a 2 1/4-inch ice cream scoop or large spoon. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool completely in the pans and frost the cupcakes with Red Velvet Frosting.
- Place the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix on medium speed just until combined. Don't whip! Add the sugar and mix until smooth.
MOIST RED VELVET CUPCAKES
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 fluid ounce red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12 cup muffin pans or line with 20 paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, red food coloring and vanilla. Stir in the baking soda and vinegar. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter and frost with desired frosting.
Nutrition Facts :
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
More about "red velvet cupcakes food"
RED VELVET MINI CUPCAKES RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 5Difficulty Easy
RED VELVET CUPCAKERY - 422 PHOTOS & 966 REVIEWS
343 Yelp reviewsLocation 5600 Connecticut Ave NW Washington, DC 20015
RED VELVET CUPCAKES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.8/5 (76)Category CupcakesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs
RED VELVET CUPCAKES - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
RED VELVET CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
RED VELVET CUPCAKES - PREPPY KITCHEN
DECADENT CUPCAKES WITH RED WINE AND CHOCOLATE
RED VELVET CUPCAKES RECIPE - A LATTE FOOD
SOUTHERN RED VELVET CUPCAKES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Rebecca Grammer-YbarraSteps 3Difficulty Easy
RED VELVET CUPCAKES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Terri WahlSteps 9Difficulty Easy
RED VELVET CUPCAKES | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (30)Category Cupcakes, Sweet BakingCuisine WesternCalories 392 per serving
RED VELVET CUPCAKES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
RED VELVET CUPCAKES RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
SPICY RED VELVET CUPCAKE CONES RECIPE - GRETASDAY.COM
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE WITH FLUFFY CREAM CHEESE ICING | COLES
RED VELVET CUPCAKES - CREATIVE SWEET TREATS
BAKERY & DESSERTS | COSTCO
CUTE RED VELVET VALENTINE'S HEARTS & CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY FAUX …
[HOMEMADE] RED VELVET CUPCAKES : R/FOOD - REDDIT
ONE BOWL RED VELVET CUPCAKES - BAKER BY NATURE
RED VELVET CUPCAKE RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - DESSERT …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST RED VELVET CUPCAKES AT HOME - YOUTUBE
19 CUPCAKE RECIPES EVERYONE WILL ADORE - MSN
DELICIOUS RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
BRISBANE CUPCAKE DELIVERY | RED VELVET CUPCAKES
RED VELVET CUPCAKES RECIPE | KITCHN
RED VELVET CUPCAKES - SALT & BAKER
RED VELVET CUPCAKES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
RED VELVET CUPCAKES - ONCE UPON A CHEF