GINGER & TOMATO CHUTNEY
This is a nice little recipe that I happened upon kind of by accident..its a long story...but it tastes great with basic grilled steak and chicken in the summer time. You can even substitute the canned tomatoes with heirlooms if you add a little extra juice.
Provided by Melanie B.
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, unseasoned
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a sauce pan to medium heat and add onion. Cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, salt, and raisins. Simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened (about 30-40 minutes).
- Cool completely and serve as a condiment.
- I like this chutney with grilled steak and chicken.
SPICY TOMATO CHUTNEY
Spicy and sweet - ginger, garlic, chili powder, and curry paste are just a few of the flavors in this tomato chutney. Best made with tomatoes fresh from the garden.
Provided by CURLING
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Chutney Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 4 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 onions, diced
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- Fill a saucepan with water, and bring to a boil. Place tomatoes in boiling water, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until skins begin to crack and peel. Remove from water, cool, and peel.
- Puree tomatoes with ginger and garlic in a food processor or blender.
- Place tomato mixture, sugar, vinegar, onions, and golden raisins in a large saucepan. Season with mixed spice, chili powder, paprika, and curry paste. Simmer over medium heat until thick. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts :
Use this as a topping for Grilled Sirloin Steak.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Entertaining Seasonal Summer Entertaining Summer Recipes
Yield Makes 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (such as safflower)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes in juice or 2 pounds fresh plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring, until onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, vinegar, brown sugar, and raisins. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick and jamlike, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts :
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
More about "spiced ginger tomato chutney relish with golden raisins food"
TOMATO-RAISIN CHUTNEY - FINEGARDENING
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
SPICY TOMATO RELISH RECIPE | TOMATO RECIPES | TESCO …
RELISH THIS! SPICY TOMATO CHUTNEY - HONEST COOKING
BUTTERED TOMATOES WITH GINGER RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHEATER'S CHUTNEY RECIPE - GRACE PARISI - FOOD & WINE
ART SMITH'S TOMATO-GINGER CHUTNEY | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
TOMATO AND RAISIN CHUTNEY RECIPE - ANDREA MEYERS
EASY ADDICTIVE TOMATO CHUTNEY RECIPE (REGULAR & LOWER …
SPICED GINGER TOMATO CHUTNEY - RELISH WITH GOLDEN RAISINS
EASY TOMATO CHUTNEY RECIPES | GOODTO
SPICED TOMATO CHUTNEY - CHUTNEY RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SPICED PLUM CHUTNEY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PEAR CHUTNEY RECIPE AND CANNING INSTRUCTIONS - THE SPRUCE EATS
TOMATO AND GINGER MAKE A HAPPY MISTAKE | SALON.COM
SMOKY CHIPOTLE AND RED TOMATO JAM (CHUTNEY - RELISH)
FRESH TOMATO WITH FRESH GINGER SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SPICED GINGER TOMATO CHUTNEY RELISH WITH GOLDEN RAISINS
GREEN TOMATO CHUTNEY WITH GOLDEN RAISINS | MARTHA STEWART
TOMATO AND GOLDEN RAISIN CHUTNEY - HAPPY BELLY AFTER