THE BEST MEATLOAF I'VE EVER MADE
When I was growing up, my mom never ever made meatloaf and I always wanted to try it - I finally tried it at a restaurant and loved it. When I moved out on my own I started experimenting with different recipes and creating my own version. I finally came up with the best meatloaf I have ever made, and I wanted to share it.
Provided by sillyliltracy
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 3 slices bread, toasted and crumbled
- 7 buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 ½ tablespoons sour cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion and garlic, beef, crumbled bread, crushed crackers, egg, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 can tomato sauce. Gradually stir in the milk 1 teaspoon at a time until mixture is moist, but not soggy. Transfer the mixture to a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 40 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), and continue baking 15 minutes, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining tomato sauce and ketchup. Pour over the top of the meatloaf, and continue baking 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
Keep this meatloaf recipe handy: It's the only one you'll need.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1 1/2 pounds ground meatloaf mix (equal parts ground beef, pork and veal or turkey)
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the meatloaf mix, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs, onion, garlic, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and form it into a compact oval-shaped loaf about 9 inches by 5 inches. Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes.
- Stir the brown sugar together with the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire in a small bowl for the glaze. Brush the top and sides of the meatloaf all over with the glaze. Return to the oven and bake until the glaze starts to caramelize and a thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaf registers 160 degrees F, about 25 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 3 cups chopped yellow onions (3 onions)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup canned chicken stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/2 pounds ground chuck (81 percent lean)
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs (recommended: Progresso)
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup (recommended: Heinz)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown. Off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs, and mix lightly with a fork. Don't mash or the meat loaf will be dense. Shape the mixture into a rectangular loaf on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Spread the ketchup evenly on top. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F and the meat loaf is cooked through. (A pan of hot water in the oven, under the meat loaf, will keep the top from cracking.) Serve hot.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
More about "the best meatloaf food"
PAULA DEEN’S MEATLOAF - INSANELY GOOD
4.8/5 (81)Category Dinner, RecipesServings 5Total Time 10 mins
- In a large bowl, stir together ground beef, salt, pepper, onion, bell pepper, egg, tomatoes, and oats. Place the mixture in a loaf pan. Press the surface lightly with your palm to flatten the top.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. The center should be at 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES | QUICK AND EASY | FOOD NETWORK …
3.1/5 (91)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 6
THE BEST TURKEY MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 4Difficulty Easy
THE BEST MEATLOAF - ALLRECIPES
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - LAUREN'S LATEST
40 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES | EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE IDEAS
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD, FRIENDS, AND RECIPE …
MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH THE BEST GLAZE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
12 EASY HOMEMADE MEATLOAF RECIPES - SKINNYTASTE
MEATLOAF RECIPE - BBC FOOD
21 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE BEST MEATLOAF - COUNTRY …
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE BEST! - RACHEL COOKS®
THE BEST MEATLOAF: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE AND RECIPES - TODAY.COM
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE WHOLESOME DISH
BBQ MEATLOAF - I HEART NAPTIME
THE PERFECT MEATLOAF RECIPE - 3 SECRETS TO THE BEST MEATLOAF EVER
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER MINCE RECIPES
FEASTING IN MYRTLE BEACH: 10 SPOTS TO FIND THE BEST FOOD & DRINKS
MEATLOAF RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
THE BEST MEATLOAF EVER RECIPE - FOOD.COM
[HOMEMADE]MEATLOAF : R/FOOD - REDDIT
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE EVER - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - GROUND BEEF
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE (THE FOOD LAB) - SERIOUS EATS
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE EVER! - A COUPLE FOR THE ROAD