VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 8 ounces Chinese long beans or green beans, cut into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces to yield about 2 cups
- 2 large carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 8 ounces fresh or dried chow mein noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce*
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the beans and carrots and cook for 1 minute. Drain and put in a bowl of iced water until cool, about 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- Return the water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pat dry and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the noodles, ginger and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until the noodles are lightly browned. Add the mushrooms, beans, carrots, and water chestnuts and cook for 3 minutes. Add the broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and honey. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until slightly reduced and thick, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the chow mein to a large bowl and garnish with the green onions before serving.
CHOW MEIN WITH CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¾ teaspoon white sugar
- ½ pound chow mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 heads bok choy, chopped
- ½ zucchini, diced
- 10 sugar snap peas
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Whisk soy sauce, corn starch, and sesame oil together in a large bowl until smooth; add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine chicken broth, oyster sauce, and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Cook and garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds; add marinated chicken. Cook and stir until browned and no longer pink in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken mixture to a plate. Cook and stir bok choy, zucchini, snap peas, and carrot in the hot skillet until softened, about 2 minutes. Return noodles and chicken mixture to the skillet. Pour broth mixture into noodle mixture; cook and stir until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Serve garnished with green onions.
Nutrition Facts :
VEGGIE-PACKED CHOW MEIN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: cooking oil, chow mein noodle, onion, bell pepper, broccoli floret, carrot, garlic, salt, pepper, cabbage, shiitake mushroom, snow pea, corn, water, cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine, sugar, white pepper, bean sprout, scallion
Provided by Claire Nolan
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 1 package chow mein noodle, hong kong style pan fried noodles, par cooked according to package instructions
- ½ cup onion, sliced
- ½ cup bell pepper
- ½ cup broccoli floret
- ½ cup carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- ½ cup snow pea
- ⅓ cup corn
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup bean sprout
- scallion, sliced, for garnish
- In a wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, then add the par-cooked noodles. Cook for 1-2 minutes, allowing the noodles to crisp, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat the remaining tablespoon of cooking oil over medium-high heat and add the onion, bell pepper, broccoli, and carrot. Stir and cook for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, snow peas, and corn.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch. Mix with a fork to dissolve the cornstarch, then add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine, sugar, and white pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables. Mix well and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the crispy noodles to the wok, mix well and add bean sprouts. Toss gently and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until everything is well-combined. Garnish with sliced scallions.
Nutrition Facts :
Top Asked Questions
How to cook vegetable chow mein in WOK?Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and sautée the garlic a little bit. Stir continuously and add the remaining veggies. Cook over high heat for about 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked noodles and the sauce into the wok or skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Serve your vegetable chow mein immediately.
What is Chow Mein made of?What is chow mein? Chow mein are stir fried noodles with vegetables. Often chicken, pork or prawns (shrimp) are added. Preheat a large wok over high heat. Add a few tablespoons of vegetable oil then add the mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic and chilli. Allow to fry for 5 minutes then add the broccolini, sugar snap peas and corn.
What are the different types of chow mein noodles?The primary differences between the different types of vegetable chow mein in westernized Chinese cooking is the method of cooking the noodles. Chow mein noodles can either be crispy or soft. Crispy chow mein noodles are flat, and fried until they achieve a firm consistency with a softer center.
How to store vegetable chow mein leftovers?Keep the vegetable chow mein leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Make sure your chow mein noodles are vegan. You could also use spaghetti noodles instead. You can customize your vegetable chow mein with any type of oil, starch, vinegar, sweetener, or pepper you like.
How to make Marinated Beef
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Burnt Orange Campari recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Provided by Jody Zavala @joboza
Provided by Milliepoppins
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Provided by Samuel Goldsmith
Provided by Food Network
Sweet potatoes and watercress are both splendid sources of vitamin C; they team up in this quick soup to great effect. As I mention in the ingredient list,...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Guy Fieri
It's not too often that you find spicy hummus and that's what I was in the mood for. I combined recipes from http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spicy-Three-Pepper-Hummus-Allrecipes...
Provided by Naugahyde
Make and share this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tracy Sullivan
Southerners love a good red velvet cake the way they love good, juicy gossip. That's because there's inherent drama in a towering white cake that, beneath...
A great alternative to beef jerky for that vegan in your life. I plan to experiment with different flavor combinations but for now I leave you with my...
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Flavour grilled chicken strips with Thai chilli sauce, ginger and honey and serve with broccoli for this speedy meal for two
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Make and share this White Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kris H
Make and share this Farm Country Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
These are a lot more interesting than plain roasted or jacket potatoes. They're perfect to serve with a roast and easy to do. As the potatoes cook the...
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "vegetable chow mein food"
EASY VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.4/5 (31)Category Asian, Stir Fry, VegetarianServings 4Total Time 17 mins
- In a hot wok, add a splash of vegetable oil then add the spring onion, garlic, ginger, mushrooms and peppers and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccolini, sugar snaps and corn and fry for another 5 minutes until the vegetables are cooked but still firm.
- Add the baby spinach, soy, oyster sauce and sesame oil then stir fry for another 2 minutes to wilt the spinach.
- Add the cooked noodles then toss to combine, Season with lemon juice and more soy if necessary and serve.
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsServings 2-3
RECIPE FOR VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.9/5 (35)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side Dish, Dinner, Entree, PastaCalories 311 per serving
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory < 30 MinsCalories 447 per serving
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ching-He HuangSteps 2Difficulty Easy
VEGETABLE CHOWMEIN RECIPE BY NIRU GUPTA - NDTV FOOD
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - CUPFUL OF KALE
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - MONKEY AND ME KITCHEN ADVENTURES
PREPARING VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE
EASY NODALS RECIPES | VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | CHINESE RECIPE ...
EASY VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - PANDA EXPRESS STYLE!
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - FOOD NETWORK UK
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - FOOD WITH FEELING
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | THE STAR
CHOW MEIN NOODLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - SPICE CRAVINGS
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN NOODLES: HONG KONG CANTONESE STYLE
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN (VEGAN) (AUTHENTIC FLAVOURS) - THE ...
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - VEGETABLES
EASY VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHOW MEIN ...
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - INDO CHIENESE NOODLES - PLAYFUL COOKING
AUTHENTIC VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - CHINESE.FOOD.COM
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - MAMA LOVES FOOD
EASY CHINESE CHOW MEIN - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - LOVE & GOOD STUFF
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - NYT COOKING
SHEET PAN VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
CHINESE VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | CHINESE RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
PURPLE CARROT - VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN CALORIES, CARBS ...
CURRIED VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
EASY VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
JDW VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN - VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN CALORIES ...
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | QUICK AND EASY VEGAN RECIPE | HIP ...
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE ...
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN – FOOD FUSION
KEN HOM VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | TESCO REAL FOOD
WHAT IS VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN? (WITH PICTURES)
LO MEIN VEGGIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHOP SUEY VS. CHOW MEIN IN CHINESE CUISINE
VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN | BBC GOOD FOOD